Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ForzaGrifo
    • May 2001

Anyone heard of venturesonline??

Anyone knows about their service? Are they reliable/fast?
  • tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

Do a search for ventures online on this forum and you will find more info than you can handle.

They're a very reputable company with a lot of fans here.

Comment

• WildWayz
      • May 2000
      • 3.6.x

Yepperz

Eva2000 and myself have servers with them, and they DO rock.
      They did have problems with their NOC (VDI) but are moving their servers to Verio's datacenter - hence why they now have a 4 week signup wait.

--James

Comment

• George L
        Former vBulletin Support
        • May 2000
        • 3.8.x

yup i'm with venturesonline and alot of happy vB owners are too

check out their forums at http://venturesonline.com/forums/

and this thread http://venturesonline.com/forums/sho...=&threadid=124
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• Zef Hemel
          • Jan 2001

They have great prices alright

Comment

• Hooper
            • Apr 2001
            • 3.5.x

They are the best I have found in my opinion.

Comment

• major
              • Sep 2000

I have been with them for over three months now, and I can only recommend them to anyone. They have great support, great prices and some of the fastest servers around. Their servers are all dual PIII 1GHz with 2GB RAM and SCSI disks, and all the features you can dream of.

Recommended. Highly!

Comment

• fruitsalad
                • Jun 2000

Anyone heard of venturesonline??
                Did you just wake up from winter hybernation? hehe just kiddinz

two thumbs and two big toes up for ventures online!

i have a dedicated server with them, and so far so good.

and how did i find out about them? blame eva2000
                guilty as charged! hehe

hmm.. I think I should stop substituting coffee for sleep... o wel..

I T S A L L G O O D ! ! !
                :):):)

Comment

• Paul L.
                  • Mar 2001
                  • 4.2.X

Thanks guys for all the kind words we do work hard and its good to see people care
                  Paul L.
                  http://www.bassboattalk.com

Comment

• George L
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • May 2000
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Paul L.
                    Thanks guys for all the kind words we do work hard and its good to see people care
                    hey Paul
                    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• Jedito
                      • May 2001

VO is great!, you can't go wrong with them!
                      Downtown Host LLC - Shared Web Hosting - Offering the best service since 2001.
                      LiteSpeed Support - Vbulletin Optimized servers

Comment

• hacker
                        • Mar 2001

VO is offline???

Followed the thread on VO but the site does not exist or is down...

Comment

• Hooper
                          • Apr 2001
                          • 3.5.x

Hacker

I am currently with VO. The servers are in the middle of a major move and the VO site goes up and down in the process. For the most part it is up, but they do have a whole lot going on right now.

From what I understand, VO should be completely done with the physical move by the end of June. At least the last projection stated this.

For those that are asking about VO. Here is my experience with VO and some top 10 rated hosting companies "virtual" accounts.

HostPro- Great service, fantastic customer support. Packages are easily upgradeable and service stable. Enjoyed my stay at the time.

Verio- Elite in my opinion. And of course you do pay for it. Get out the wallet or get a second mortgage to afford the dedicated servers. Short stay for me, just don't have this type of funds available.

HostWay- MySQL is served on a seperate server with a dB limit of 10Megs per dB. Good Company with fair support return. Not reccomended for MySQL/PHP apps at this point. Additional charges for any disk usage over 10M db and you cannot use your main disk usage towards the db. Additional db's over 1 has a charge of $10.00 per db and includes another 10M of disk space.
                          Spent some time here but had problems when I dumped UBB for vBulletin. HostWay's drive does not seem to be towards mySQL and PHP accounts. Another item not seen much amoung other hosts is that file storage is limited to a certain number of files. 10,000 in my case. So if you had physical space of say 200Megs and had 12,000 files that used 100Megs, you would have to pay for additional file storage regardless of how much physical HD space you had left. I never had 10,000 files so It didn't affect me. Never have seen this previous or since though. So if you have a gazillion files to store, go somewhere that will let you use the physical space advertised. All in all, You have much better hosting options available no matter if rated top 5 in the hostingindex or not. Could possibly nickel and dime you to death.

Ventures Online - My current choice for more than one reason. Fast dependable service, an attitude of caring. Packages with adequate resources including "powerful hardware". Prices that match. A Customer Desk for support questions and answers in a short amount of time and by people who can answer the questions. The group seems to be working diligently to provide the best for the money. Reasonable Dedicated Server pricing. Currently one of the best performance/price ratio I have found. They continue with this and they will gain my dedicated account in the future as well. They change for the worse and I won't be affraid to change this opinion either. So far, excellent.

Bizland- Excellent service, support and pricing. Just recently upgraded to allow cgi scripting. Extremely fast servers. Online technical chat for help. Quick responses from tech support. No current mysql/php. This would be my second choice for my hosting if mysql and php were not needed. A fine Hosting option for virtual accounts.

THinkHost - Don't waste your time or money. Lousy attitude and service. Worst hosting experience I ever had. I only hope they have improved customer relations over the previous year. I do mean a terrible experience too. Just plain lousy.

?- (opinion inconclusive) so I removed their name.

I left on good terms, standings and with paid to date accounts with the above over time and with different sites. I could return to any of them. At this point I would recommend VO for accounts needing PHP/mySQL and Bizland.com for accounts not needing PHP/mySQL.

These are my opinions and experience. Yours may differ from above.
                          Last edited by Hooper; Fri 1 Jun '01, 4:58am.

Comment

• hacker
                            • Mar 2001

Re: Hacker

Hooper,

DO you know whether VO uses Zend Optimizer for the PHP scripts? I'm thinking of moving over to them, but seems a bit stingy on the mySQL DB, only 5.

I know I should ask VO directly, but they are down intermittently.

Comment

• Hooper
                              • Apr 2001
                              • 3.5.x

Re: Re: Hacker

Originally posted by hacker
                              Hooper,

DO you know whether VO uses Zend Optimizer for the PHP scripts? I'm thinking of moving over to them, but seems a bit stingy on the mySQL DB, only 5.

I know I should ask VO directly, but they are down intermittently.
                              Hi Hacker,

Lol... Stingy on the mySQL at 5 db accounts? I think maybe you need to read what I just posted above again. 5 db's per virtual account is a fine number they offer for the money. Havne't found any company yet who offered much more with maybe the exception of Verio. You may need to re-evealute your thoughts on the mySQL db's. If you need more than 5 db's, they would most likely work with you on it. This you would have to check into further.

As far as the Zend Optimizer etc.... I am not sure. I am working part time on a new site and haven't checked on what they are using at this point. No problem, I wouldn't mind knowing myself. I'll ask Paul or Mr. Pearson and see what they say about this and virtual accounts.
                              Last edited by Hooper; Fri 1 Jun '01, 5:43am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...