X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • php3hosting
    • Jun 2000

PHP/MySQL Hosting from under $5 per month

Hi

We offer PHP/MySQL hosting from under $5.

Regards
    Darren
    PHP3/4 MySQL hosting from
    $4.80/£3 pm
    .COM/.NET $39.98/£24.99
    --------------------------
    HTTP://WWW.PHP3HOSTING.COM ($)
    HTTP://WWW.PHP3HOSTING.CO.UK (£)
    PHP3/PHP4, Your own MySQL server
    Shell Access Full CGI capabilities, FTP, POP3
  • WildWayz
    • May 2000
    • 3.6.x

I don't think that vBulletin people will like u plugging your business mate.

--James

Comment

• werehere
      • Apr 2000

php3hosting,

Please do not go around spamming your hosting packages, I see you have a couple of times now.
      We're Here Forums!
      [email protected]

Comment

• php3hosting
        • Jun 2000

I am a registered owner of vbulletin so I do help support the package (And we have ordered several copys for existing customers).

I also only reply to valid messages or put a post in the valid group.

What's the point in having a hosting options forum if a hosting company that supports the very functions needed for vuulletin if they cant post.

I haven't spammed the groups, I replied to two messages.

Regards
        Darren
        $4.80/£3 pm
        .COM/.NET $39.98/£24.99

Comment

• firewire
          • May 2000
          • 3.6.x

Besides: Your bandwidth fees are quite horrendous:

For 80$ (per month!) I get 5 (five!) GB traffic included, every new GB will be another 20 $.

Come on, are you kidding? Do you really consider your offer "good"? I don't. At least not for any serious vBulletin admin.

My vB does ~20 GB per month, and I do think it's not one of the biggest here. If we chose you as provider, we would have to pay 380$ per month. Quite ridiculous.

Comment

• php3hosting
            • Jun 2000

Most general sites wouldn't get near the amount you have, you are a lucky.

But for all the people that don't get near 500Mb a month they are subsidising bigger sites like yours. Where as our packages are designed so people pay for their usage that they need.

We have custom packages for some sites, but your right if a customer came to me and wanted 20Gig plus I would offer dedicated servers, its much cheaper.

We are not right for everyone and we would be stupid to assume we were. Every host is different, but you can't say that everyone will do the traffic you are doing.

What about the people just starting out in PHP/MySQL why should they pay $10+ for hosting with a professional hosting package?

Then a lot of hosts want more if they have more then one domain name pointing to the same account, then they bill extra to install MySQL.

We don't. If somebody buys the smallest account they get it all, telnet, MySQL, PHP etc...

Plus each user gets their own instance of MySQL. Meaning they have root access to MySQL. Nobody else shares their install.

I agree with you that we wouldn't be right for all high bandwidth sites but we have more then our fair share of them.

But we also have hundreds of small sites that are using our services to learn about thngs others charge more for. There are a lot of good hosts out there but there are also a lot of bad ones, and the comments we get so far have been that we are not one of them.
            $4.80/£3 pm
            .COM/.NET $39.98/£24.99

Comment

• JimF
              • May 2000

500MB ?!?

I run probably one of the smallest vBulletin's here, and I use 3-5GB per month. I don't know anyone who would spend the money on vBulletin if they use less than 500MB. A site that size would tell me one thing: EZBOARD!

Lol

-jim

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                Former vBulletin Developer
                • May 2000
                • 1.1.x

My site only opened May 30th and I did 1gig of transfer last month. 500 megs would not be acceptable unless you only allow your friends to post.

Comment

• WildWayz
                  • May 2000
                  • 3.6.x

lol

Jim, I think my site is possibly the smallest
                  My site has had 4,000 hits since Feb 28th

I have about 27 members on my vBulletin.
                  I bought it because I like the feel of it - and EzBoard is naff

--James

BTW - I pay $17 for Unlimited bandwidth and webspace.

Comment

• Martin
                    • Apr 2000
                    • 3.5.x

actually, I think this guy is right. he is a license holder. I have seen people posting to sites that they have affiliations with and not catch ****.

also, he's right about small sites subsidizing the cost of larger sites, though he needs to stick with that approach if he wants to attract larger sites like ones that run bulletin boards.

I have one of the more active vB's here and I'm fast approaching 3 Gb/day. No way could I afford to host with you. There are a lot of little, non-dynamic sites that would like your prices, though. Your pricing for bandwidth is a little high...
                    Webmaster:
                    @forumz

Comment

• www.heisomni.org
                      • Jul 2000

php3hosting.com is ok!

Well.. first of all, my stomach is growling, I hope mcdonalds opens soon. Second, every host has their pros and cons. The guy who just said he gets unlimited bandwidth, well my host says the same but when I quized them they said you would really only get up to a very max of 4gb. Small sites always subsidize big sites, with most services anyways.. Most people think "oh, I need 100mb space and unlimited bandwidth, sign me up for $18.00/month <like the service I have>" Then they only use 500k and 2mb of bandwidth each month. Then there are some services who try to be fair and charge for what you use, since other companies are taking advantage of the small sites, it is hard for them to compete. Bandwidth is certainly not a comodity as ENRON "why?" would like you to believe.

Now for my question... - how many members do most of you have on your boards, how many hits/member/month on average, are you happy with vbulletin? Mariah Carey says I make her feel like a natural woman, don't be jelous guys, go get napster for yourselves :-)

Peace in.

Comment

• Computer
                        • May 2000

Hi,
                        i´m shure most members here needs more than 5 GB Traffic,
                        i have never less than 50 GB, 500 MB ist good for 5 hours

Comment

• Jim Ayson
                          • Jul 2000

Hi, what about web server space, approximately how much do you need for a typical board?

Comment

• Susan
                            • May 2000

Jim, that depends entirely on the size of your board. We have a board with about 3000 registered users and 37,000 posts and our database is about 38MB. I don't know how "average" our post size is, however. I do know, however, that the board was 120 MB when it was a UBB and was 17MB when we converted it over to VB.

Hope this helps,

Susan

Comment

• www.heisomni.org
                              • Jul 2000

I won&#039;t shoot anyone.. yet.

Either way it is not a consideration considering a very very major board would mean 1gb. and bye then you would be thinking of how to network your many servers :-) . dialupinternet.com looks really good for pricing.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...