Anyone in the Uk suggest a good host for VB

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRGTB
    • May 2005

Yeh no problem, at the end of the day site performance matters most for busy sites like yours. And it seems to work for you well that host. I just wanted to point the prices out for other here looking for a host to compare against. Thats all.

Comment

• TheMusicMan
      • Oct 2002
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Gary Bolton
      There not cheap. Here is the price and stats for there 1000mb service option.

1000MB Space
      25GIG Bandwith
      $10 Month = about £60 UK

MY host for that price gives me:

GOLD PACKAGE
      2GB Space
      30GB Data Transfer

I get double the space and an extra 5GIG data transfare
      Sure.... I bet you could find some cheaper webhosts than that too; take a look on webhostingtalk - you can read up about a plethora of them there. Thing is, in my opinion it's simply not all about price. If you are looking for the cheapest webhost then of course yes, price is the most important factor, but it's not mine - service and satisfaction is.

With webhosting, you need to feel comfortable paying what you believe to be a fair price a for whatever service you receive. If you are satisfied that you are receiving the service you require, then a few quid here or there is of no concern. Too many people are far too concerned about price.

Do you buy a Mars bar in newsagents1 because it is 0.03p cheaper than newsagents2? I doubt it. I appreciate we are talking a little more money wrt webhosting, but the concept is the same.

EDIT: Gary - some beautiful pics you have on your site... excellent. What camera did you use for those?
      Last edited by TheMusicMan; Sun 4 Sep '05, 1:36pm.
      John

Comment

• MRGTB
        • May 2005

Gary - some beautiful pics you have on your site... excellent. What camera did you use for those?

The Discus Fish pictures were found on the net that I just uploaded to get some content on my new site at the monent to look at in showing what the fish look like.

But I do have a digi cam and will be uploading my own personal stuff in the future. But that section was setup mainly just for general discus images that people to post found off the net etc. Not for "Personal Members" images which would be private for Guests to view when in place, which will be added soon.

Comment

• TheMusicMan
          • Oct 2002
          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Gary Bolton
          [/color][/i]

The Discus Fish pictures were found on the net that I just uploaded to get some content on my new site at the monent to look at in showing what the fish look like.

But I do have a digi cam and will be uploading my own personal stuff in the future. But that section was setup mainly just for general discus images that people to post found off the net etc. Not for "Personal Members" images which would be private for Guests to view when in place, which will be added soon.
          <off-topic>
          I'll bookmark your site if you don't mind and take a look again soon. I don't have any fish just now but used to have a few several years ago. I also know a few people who do have some and will let them know of your URL
          </off-topic>
          John

Comment

• patriotcow
            • Nov 2004

34SP.com was my first host in 2002, brilliant then!

Comment

• MRGTB
              • May 2005

Thanks, I plan to have the biggest displays of tropical fish images on the net for peoples enjoyment and let them upload there own personal images also to show

You gotta love fish tanks (best karma there is)!

PS: Better het back on topic now before we get told off.

Comment

• MayGodHelpMe
                • Sep 2005
                • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

i host with www.micfo.com - they're in the US, but by the time you convert $ to £ it works out so much cheaper. Please for the love of all things black & blue, dont host with Hosting Unlimited - they are the worst bunch of crooks in the game (although i'm not sure there is such thing as a good crook).

If you're going to host with micfo, please let me know so i can be your referal and claim my $50!

Comment

• MRGTB
                  • May 2005

If you're going to host with micfo, please let me know so i can be your referal and claim my $50!
                  He,he!! same here if you go with eUKHost please say Gary Bolton refered you, sorry had to slip that one in after seeing the other plug.

Comment

• peterska2
                    • Oct 2003
                    • 3.7.x

I use www.webmania.co.uk for mine. I'm not 100% sure exactly how much storage it is but it's plenty for a forum and at one point I had over 400 games in my arcade. It's 6Gb bandwidth per month but you can buy more as and when you need it so it's great for new sites or low traffic ones. At &#163;20.00 for the year it is very cheap and it is very reliable. I've hardly had any problems at all with them and have just renewed for the third year for my forums and also use them for 5 other sites I have.

Comment

• JoyB
                      • Jul 2003
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by JoyB
                      Hi Darren

I'm with www.webfusion.co.uk and their service is excellent.

Joy
                      This is no longer the case and I would NOT recommend this company to anyone!

Joy

Comment

• merlin101
                        • Mar 2006

i am looking a good fast host not to worried about price i am currently with lycos and apart from other issues i have with them every few days my board grinds to a halt for a few hours then is ok again but not happy with this with it being a young board i can't have people being put off because the thing is to slow or lycos decides to do whatever it is doing to cause this. i am impressed with this A Small Orange and may try it....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...