X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmc2175
    • Aug 2005

Anyone in the Uk suggest a good host for VB

Hi

As above, can anyone in the UK suggest a good host for VBulletin. There will (well hopefully!) be heavy traffic.

Thanks
    Darren
  • JoyB
    • Jul 2003
    • 3.6.x

Hi Darren

I'm with www.webfusion.co.uk and their service is excellent.

Joy

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

On the Hosting 250 account which gives 250Gb bandwidth per month for £30!
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Creepshow
        • May 2005
        • 3.5.x

Europe’s leading Linux platform architects, providing infrastructure for their customers complete Internet presence.

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

Their tagline is "We're Good" & they certainly aren't lying!

I'm with them and I've been over the moon with the level of service they provide.

HIGHLY recommended.
        "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

• MRGTB
          • May 2005

I've been using these for a good while now, they give you good online support via there online live chat as well a support via email which is normally answered fast. They offer good deals also. They use CP and also have cron jobs installed etc.

They also offer both Linux or Windows hosting now, I've had no cause to comaplain about them. Although they are more a cheaper end bugget server. £59 year for there gold account which I use. But you can buy extra space and bandwidth when needed as your site grows. So you get the best of both worlds without having to fork out an arm and a leg in the begining when you have only a few members. The option is there to pay more only as your site grows and needs to extra bandwidth.

Good all rounder!

Trusted by 35,000+ customers, eukhost offers fast and reliable managed web hosting services, domain names and servers with 24x7 live chat support and 30-day money back guarantee.
          Last edited by MRGTB; Wed 24 Aug '05, 8:10pm.

Comment

• dmc2175
            • Aug 2005

thanks

I'll check them all out, thanks for the info folks
            Darren

Comment

• JoyB
              • Jul 2003
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Gary Bolton
              I've been using these for a good while now, they give you good online support via there online live chat as well a support via email which is normally answered fast. They offer good deals also. Good all rounder!http://www.eukhost.com/
              I was with EUKHost but quickly moved because I had nothing but problems with them.

Joy

Comment

• psplounge
                • Jan 2005

I use beachcomber from USA , they very good and much cheaper than some UK hosts.

Comment

• MRGTB
                  • May 2005

Originally posted by JoyB
                  I was with EUKHost but quickly moved because I had nothing but problems with them.

Joy
                  yea, you must have been with them before they sacked there other server host about 2-3 months ago, that they were using as re-sellers and got a new host based in the USA. They did have a lot of problems with the other hosts they were using (I had the same problems), But since they changed hosts and upgraded there accounts to also to give you more bang for your bucks. Things have been spot on for over 3 months now. They sent me an email saying they had changed due to poor service of the other host they used and had completed the move to new servers.

Since changing there new hosts based in the USA have been spot on.
                  Last edited by MRGTB; Thu 25 Aug '05, 7:27am.

Comment

• JoyB
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 3.6.x

I moved from EUKHost about 12 months ago now but I didn't just move because of the lack of service. The final straw was when I emailed them for support and I was told I was not a customer of theirs. I replied and told them that I'd been a customer for over a year and they didn't even bother to reply. I was not impressed!

Comment

• DanP
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by psplounge
                      I use beachcomber from USA , they very good and much cheaper than some UK hosts.
                      UK Bandwidth costs are much higher! Any US host that is more expensive than a UK one is ripping you off

Comment

• TheMusicMan
                        • Oct 2002
                        • 3.7.x

I'm in the UK and have a 5000+ member forum, delivering over 5 million pages per month and am totally 100% happy with my US host - www.aSmallOrange.com

PM or email me for more info if you want it.
                        John

Comment

• MRGTB
                          • May 2005

How much do yopu pay for the host if you don't mind me asking. per month or yearly. So I know how much it's costing you to keep such a large site online.

Comment

• MRGTB
                            • May 2005

There not cheap. Here is the price and stats for there 1000mb service option.

1000MB Space
                            25GIG Bandwith
                            $10 Month = about £60 UK

MY host for that price gives me:

GOLD PACKAGE
                            2GB Space
                            30GB Data Transfer

I get double the space and an extra 5GIG data transfare

Comment

• TheMusicMan
                              • Oct 2002
                              • 3.7.x

I have a custom plan with ASO and am a reseller too. Prices are on their site on this page -> http://www.asmallorange.com/services/hosting/

I pay a little more for a little more... and as I said, am 100% happy with the service offered. I'd recommend them.
                              John

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...