Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ncangler
    • Dec 2004

Poll of top choices for hosting

Okay, I can't screw this up...got to get a top notch hosting company cause I don't want to move again. So I've created a poll with what appear to be the top choices from user comments and other research. Please select your top choice and feel free to give reasons why (or why not for another) in a post.

Also I have several sites to host, so is there a caution about doing a "reseller" plan that would allow me to host several vBulletin sites under one account? Thanks for all your input! You all ROCK!
    A Small Orange (asmallorange.com)
    45.71%
    Real Web Host (RealWebHost.net)
    32.86%
    Ultimate Hosting Solutions (u-hs.com)
    0.00%
    PerfectSQL (perfectsql.com)
    4.29%
    Voxell Hosting (voxell.com)
    0.00%
    Dream Host (dreamhost.com)
    4.29%
    ABC Web Hosting (abcwebhosting.com)
    0.00%
    Geeky Designs (geekydesigns.com)
    8.57%
    Host Rocket (hostrocket.com)
    2.86%
    SRLNet (srlnet.com)
    1.43%
    Last edited by ncangler; Sat 23 Apr '05, 7:54am.
  • rh2004
    • Jan 2004

How about http://www.httpme.com - the top of top

Comment

• ncangler
      • Dec 2004

First I've seen of them. Are you affiliated with them in anyway or do they host your site?

Originally posted by rh2004
      How about http://www.httpme.com - the top of top

Comment

• Deaths
        • Jan 2005

SI Computer Solutions proudly serves as an IT company to businesses in the Las Vegas area. We provide a variety of computer services to help your business.

They don't host me, but they host 4 forums which I work on, and as long as I can remember, they were never down.

Great support aswell, and a very fast server.

Comment

• RockStar
          • Aug 2004

I've done much research on the subject before settling with my host, but from that list, the only two that stand out as quality hosts would be ASmallorange, and Geeky Designs. But I haven't personally tried either. Most of the others I haven't even heard about.

And there's nothing wrong with hosting multiple vB sites under a same host, as long as all your sites together dont' get too much traffic and don't use up too much CPU, and as long as you have a separate vB license for each site (but that goes without saying)
          http://www.avrilstar.com hosted by micfo.com
          http://www.sandyleah.com

Comment

• rh2004
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ncangler
            First I've seen of them. Are you affiliated with them in anyway or do they host your site?
            No, they are supposted to be the best, don't choose Dreamhost to host a forum

Comment

• ncangler
              • Dec 2004

Their website information looks very good. Impressive facility setup. I wish I could edit the poll, I'd add them to the list. Thanks.

Originally posted by rh2004
              No, they are supposted to be the best, don't choose Dreamhost to host a forum

Comment

• ncangler
                • Dec 2004

Any more information on Geeky Designs? Are they adding sites? I like the idea of hosting with guy that knows vBulletin so well.

Originally posted by RockStar
                I've done much research on the subject before settling with my host, but from that list, the only two that stand out as quality hosts would be ASmallorange, and Geeky Designs.

Comment

• syjech
                  • Aug 2004

I have been using Real WebHost for a year in August and I would never change.

Comment

• vBadvanced
                    • Oct 2001

While we're not actually hosted with Geekydesigns (only because we need a dedicated server), I would definitely recommend them. Zach has done an excellent job of taking care of our server since we moved to it a few months ago.
                    Spread Peace,
                    Brian Gunter

vBadvanced | EDMPlanet

Comment

• ChrisLM2001
                      • May 2003
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by ncangler
                      Their website information looks very good. Impressive facility setup. I wish I could edit the poll, I'd add them to the list. Thanks.
                      Zachary, you're getting a rep as a webhost now.

Be nice that there are more vBulletin friendly webhosts. Who not only will accept vB on their servers, know the software itself (and it's mods). Then the server is tuned for vBulletin performance, not just a generic one.

vBulletin is creme-de-creme forumware, it needs the same type of webhosts who view the forumware more than a slot to be filled.

Chris
                      "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
                      is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
                      ~~~
                      Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• horeng
                        • Nov 2002

We switched to RealWebHost for our forum some time ago and have had excellent service.

Comment

• zain jaffer
                          • Oct 2004

'm hosted on Realwebhost, I have been with them for a long time and have now bought a dedicated server with them .. I host several vbulletin forums with them (mine and resellers).

Their support it superior to all other hosts, I'd agree with the post above "Excellent service" no doubt.

Comment

• irocracer
                            • Mar 2003

something that wasnt add on the poll, is servertweak.com.. its what i use

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
                              • Feb 2003

I'm hosted at A Small Orange and I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...