who does Vbulletin recommend to host a website?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simsim
    • Nov 2005
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Curtis H.
    I've had a forum hosted with www.F5hosting.com for several years now. Excellent service and great uptime. If they have a plan that fits your needs, I'd suggest giving them some consideration.
    Originally posted by Snowy
    also host Synergy my site with them and as stated above they are great.
    I've just checked F5hosting webiste, & I've really got furious about them.
    Their "SEMI-DEDICATED"(!!) package offers 1GB space/40GB bandwidth for 54.95$ a month! I could get a VPS at Liquid Web with 20GB space/200GB monthly bandwith for 60$.

If I were you guys, I would never stay with such a host!
    You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

• MRGTB
      • May 2005

Originally posted by Genijan
      How do I decide on how much space I need.

I am planning to setup a new forum. How can I plan for it.
      Most hosts will let you up your plan with them when need be. So it's better to take a smallish deal at first because sites don't grow big overnight. Then in the future when you need more space and bandwidth. Upgrade with your host accordingly to a higher package.

No point throwing money down the drain right from the start.

Comment

• KingSpade
        • Aug 2005
        • 3.5.x

Originally posted by simsim
        I've just checked F5hosting webiste, & I've really got furious about them.
        Their "SEMI-DEDICATED"(!!) package offers 1GB space/40GB bandwidth for 54.95$ a month! I could get a VPS at Liquid Web with 20GB space/200GB monthly bandwith for 60$.

If I were you guys, I would never stay with such a host!

From what I've heard F5 is a reliable hosting solution. Although I've not heard much of then in the past few months, the time before then nothing but good things came through.

The fact of the matter is, reliable hosting isn't cheap. If you don't like the pricing, there are plenty of other hosts you can try. LiquidWeb has had issues hosting vBulletin, so you have to always keep a few things in mind when looking around.

Not all hosts compete on pricing, it's really not the best way to go about business unless you have a secure financial backing. Globat comes to mind in this case. The pricing they offer for their hosting plans is insane, but it draws attention and they have the backing for it.

Comment

• simsim
          • Nov 2005
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by KingSpade
          The fact of the matter is, reliable hosting isn't cheap. If you don't like the pricing, there are plenty of other hosts you can try. LiquidWeb has had issues hosting vBulletin, so you have to always keep a few things in mind when looking around.
          Well, I do agree with you on that, but don't you think that calling a 1GB space/40GB bandwidth offer a SEMI-DED is misleading? For me, this is clear disrespect to users. & even the price is quite unreasonable according to what other hosts offer these days. Consider ASO for example, they offer a 2500MB/60GB for only 20$, & they've been a very repuated host for their excellent service & support. In fact, when I look at F5 website & their packages, I got the impression that either they didn't update their website, or that they've became no more interested in the business!

About LiquidWeb, I didn't mean to specify names, I only wanted to draw the attention for what I can get for a high price of $50+, which is a VPS. Also, I'm not convinced about them having issues with vB. Unless a host states clearly that they're not interested in hosting vB forums (Like Lunarpages was once), I see no reasons that they would have specifically issues with vBulletin forumware if they've got the appropreiate equimpments & good resources/usage handling.

Regards.
          You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

• KingSpade
            • Aug 2005
            • 3.5.x

As I am unsure how they go about their business or setup, the above mentioned package could be a semi-dedicated setup for them (and for their business).

Semi-dedicated is used just as VPS is with others, though it is hardly used as often and the term seems to be phasing out more and more. It really comes down to how they set things up and how their clients react. If their clients are happy and new clients are not complaining, then I suppose they are doing something right .

I agree the package is smaller than what most hosts off now these days, though many hosts simply will not compete on pricing and package specifications. F5 appears to be one of those hosts.

Comment

• Davos
              • Dec 2005

Does anyone have
              Last edited by Davos; Sun 1 Jan '06, 4:22pm.

Comment

• KingSpade
                • Aug 2005
                • 3.5.x

There are a few hosts around here, in addition though, I'd check www.webhostingtalk.com for reviews of hosts and many that are not around here.

Comment

• LBSources
                  • Dec 2005
                  • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Davos
                  Does anyone have or know of a list of good hosting sites?

--

James Carlson (a.k.a. Davos Vortigren)
                  my sig says it all .. im very happy and i was going nutts spending money here and there to test run and im glad i came upon SON ..
                  My Forum: Bronx New York
                  Vbulletin Version: 3.6.8 PL2

Comment

• KingSpade
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 3.5.x

Thanks for the reference, LBR .

We do our best, even on the Holidays. Jason hops around like Tigger from Winnie the Pooh and I just try to keep up with him .

Comment

• Curtis H.
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by KingSpade
                      I agree the package is smaller than what most hosts off now these days, though many hosts simply will not compete on pricing and package specifications. F5 appears to be one of those hosts.
                      We have a winner!

As mentioned, I've been with www.F5hosting.com for more than 4 years now. At NO time, has any of my data been lost. Servers are very stable and uptime is rock solid compared to others.

There are hosting providers with "bigger" packages for less but I say you get what you pay for. I also believe it helps keep script kiddies away which helps prevent problems.

For peace of mind, I'd rather pay more for hosting and sleep well knowing that my data is in good hands.
                      :cool:

Comment

• encryption
                        • May 2005

True test of a good webhost doesn't come when "everything is running well". Everyone's happy when the sun is shining, it's when the stuff hits the fan that you see the dark sides come out..... account suspensions, disables and even deleted accounts..... I lost a fairly large phpBB forum because of the incompetence of a webhosting company.

I'd be really interested in reading reviews of how people were treated when they weren't in parallel with a hosting companies TOS rather than play by the rules and be treated like a king. No points for that imo.
                        www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
                        www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...