who does Vbulletin recommend to host a website?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soimcrazy
    • Feb 2005

who does Vbulletin recommend to host a website?

I've read where some host site arent Vbulletin friendly.Also one thats been around a while and is dependable !!
    I will be looking for a host for a site of about 100 members....nothing fancy !!
  • JPT62089
    • Jun 2004
    • 3.6.x

www.vizaweb.com is very good I hardly ever have any problems with them. Their support is awesome too.

Also they have great prices
    http://helpmegetamac.net/blackapple.gif MacBook Pro 15.4" Core2Duo 2.33GHz.

Comment

• Curtis H.
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by soimcrazy
      I've read where some host site arent Vbulletin friendly.Also one thats been around a while and is dependable !!
      I will be looking for a host for a site of about 100 members....nothing fancy !!
      I've had a forum hosted with www.F5hosting.com for several years now. Excellent service and great uptime. If they have a plan that fits your needs, I'd suggest giving them some consideration.
      :cool:

Comment

• Snowy
        • Jul 2003
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Curtis H.
        I've had a forum hosted with www.F5hosting.com for several years now. Excellent service and great uptime. If they have a plan that fits your needs, I'd suggest giving them some consideration.
        I also host Synergy my site with them and as stated above they are great.
        sigpic
        SocialSpace.co.uk

Comment

• mattyk72
          • Mar 2004

My forum has about 840 members and receives about 100 visitors per day. I'm currently hosted on hostdime.com and my members frequently complain that they receive 'server busy' messages.

My question is, is my forum getting too large for a shared host or is my host just crap?

Thanks

Comment

• Starsurfer
            • Nov 2004

with 100 visitors a day? You hosting is crap. I use xserverdev.com they are good.

Comment

• nirvanilla
              • Nov 2003

ive been with www.imbri.com for a couple years now and they rock-fast server, great, friendly customer support, and cheap hosting plans i'm on one of their resller plans right now and i'd recommend them to anyone.

Comment

• rh2004
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by mattyk72
                My forum has about 840 members and receives about 100 visitors per day. I'm currently hosted on hostdime.com and my members frequently complain that they receive 'server busy' messages.

My question is, is my forum getting too large for a shared host or is my host just crap?

Thanks
                No, should be fine on shared.. how many posts

Comment

• TheMusicMan
                  • Oct 2002
                  • 3.7.x

Many of us here on vB.com use a company called A Small Orange - who have proven to be very reliable and efficient, with top class customer service. You may want to check them out.l
                  John

Comment

• Floris
                    • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Starsurfer
                    with 100 visitors a day? You hosting is crap. I use xserverdev.com they are good.
                    Please try to refrain from calling names.

Note that a hosting company might not be bad at all. Perhaps the simult. connections setting is set low, like 25 or 50, or 100 (default) and a request to the hosting company to raise it with 50% or 100% could fix the issue.

Comment

• Mark.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 6.0.X

I use www.imagelinkusa.net and they are superb. They also welcome vBulletin customers and won't start complaining about it hogging resources.

In the event that someone on a shared plan outgrows the server, they will simply write to you rather than switching your site off as so many seem to these days. I am still on a shared plan with them....server load is rarely above one.
                      MARK.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      ------------
                      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Genijan
                        • Feb 2005

How Much space do I need

How do I decide on how much space I need.

I am planning to setup a new forum. How can I plan for it.

Comment

• Snuska
                          • Apr 2005

My 20k+ members forum is hosted at webair.com and there dc in New York.

Comment

• l0fty
                            • Dec 2004
                            • 3.5.x

Im with www.duportonline.com been with them for bout 6 months I think. And my forum currently has 400+ members and I had no problems with support, downtime and also transferring my databases.

Comment

• The Charmer
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Curtis H.
                              I've been looking at f5, looks great and i'm almost 99%sure i'm going to go with f5.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...