• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LBSources
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.5.x

Originally posted by ang2el
    i had a talk they say they don't host Vbulletin
    spoke to them today .. and here is what they claim..

Due to recent upgrades in PHP and MySQL, we've noticed issues with vBulletion. You may need to install the latest version of vBulletin and implement any fixes found in their forum.

Makes no sense.. i am running the latest.. and in rebuttle to what i said in the previous post.. they claim that i am NOT the only vbull domain using vbshout ; but that i am the only domain using so much cpu resources .. complete bogus.. its the latest vbull version.. none of this makes sense..
    My Forum: Bronx New York
    Vbulletin Version: 3.6.8 PL2

Comment

• KingSpade
      • Aug 2005
      • 3.5.x

If they are using underpowered servers and you are constantly running into issues, it's time to look elsewhere. Having only 20-30 users online at once shouldn't be a problem for a shared hosting solution, at least not in my experience.

Comment

• LBSources
        • Dec 2005
        • 3.5.x

i dont want to hi-jack this thread so i will start my own. i need to figure this out..

Ive continued with my questions here...

Last edited by LBSources; Wed 14 Dec '05, 11:11am.
        My Forum: Bronx New York
        Vbulletin Version: 3.6.8 PL2

Comment

• Davos
          • Dec 2005

I've never heard of them either

--

James Carlson (a.k.a. Davos Vortigren)

Comment

• Orp
            • Mar 2004

Someone mentioned 100best.com earlier in this thread, so I took a look since I'm in dire need of a new host that does resellers plans. Don't ya know they have MidPhase listed at number 8. MidPhase is the one I'm trying to get away from. At this moment I've been down for 8 hours, on hold for 1 1/2 hours on their support line, and I've sent multiple emails to them. No response except for the automated one. I would stay away from MidPhase, and it makes me wonder about the other companies that earned a spot on the 100best.com web site.
            http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/

Comment

• OAndrea
              • Dec 2005
              • 3.5.x

I haven't had any issues with bluehost so far. I also had a great experience with their tech support. They helped me with VB istall. And let me tell you, it may seem easy to you all but I was VERY afraid of this install.

Comment

• encryption
                • May 2005

not surprised reading their negative reviews, I've been on the Wordpress forums a lot and its been a growing trend where BlueHost has been canning accounts due to high CPU loads. Its not good practice to offer the moon and throw you a slice of cheese..... but a lot of these hosts seem to be doing it thus far.....

hence you got the WOrdpress team now recommending Yahoo instead of Bluehost.
                www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
                www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

• netpostcode
                  • Jan 2006

Don't bother with blue host

Originally posted by Mommiesnbabies
                  Anyone ever used them or heard of them????
                  They look pretty good just wanted some feedback. TIA!!!
                  I decided I needed a third virtual server to complete a round robin and chose bluehost. Simple support requests go unanswered. I am now searching for an alternate third server so I may dump bluehost. My time with bluehost has not reached 3 months. This is not a small decision for me as my website is large, but frustration with bluehost support has forced this decision. Try hostony.com They are my primary host and have been great.

Comment

• robinl143
                    • Apr 2006
                    • 3.5.x

I Love Blue Host! I have had them for quite some time and bever hed a problem. They have great customer service! They are quick to answer questions, even ones that do not apply to their services. They have helped me with a number of issues as an amature that they certainly did not have to help me with. When you call you wait no longer than a minute or two and they do all they can to help you with what ever the issue might be. I would never use anyone else at this point.

Robin

Comment

• encryption
                      • May 2005

usually when your account is in good standing with a webhosting company, you wont see them bother you in anyway, it's when you start pushing on the walls of their TOS is when you see their true colors making their way out.

Comment

• bi11i
                        • Sep 2004

I've had nothing but problems with bluehost. The biggest is that my databases are continually corrupted. The reason is that when a query takes too long to run, they simply abort it, causing a corrupt table, etc. Bluehost also offers services they cannot provide. If a person were to utilize even a third of what they offer, their own limits (20% CPU Limit, A certain number of processes that must be manually terminated from the cpanel in order for sites to work.) They all offer 50mysql and 50postgres - if a person where to use even half of each, the limits set by bluehost wouldn't allow functionality. 400gb transfer limit? Please..... One can't even use the resources they offer.

I'd rather pay someone $20 a month than go with bluehost. I have two accounts with them, each with 6 domains - I'll be moving them somewhere else. After spending hours on the phone, losing mb's of data, etc. Not to mention that bluehost relies solely on cpanel for backups, which don't work on either of my accounts.

When i posted these questions on their public forum, my post was removed. I posted again with different verbiage - removed again.

Bluehost doesn't want you to know that they can't provide the services offered. Personally, I'm filing a complaint with the BBB.

Bluehost is lame - don't go there.

Comment

• sunnycher
                          • Mar 2005
                          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by ang2el
                          i had a talk they say they don't host Vbulletin
                          LMAO yes they do, I'm on it and have been for some time.
                          Although I'm getting ready to leave them, they have given me one too many CPU over quota messages.
                          Cher

Comment

• encryption
                            • May 2005

Originally posted by sunnycher
                            ....one too many CPU over quota messages.
                            which in essence means that your site is not allowing them to resell the resources on the server you are on to another 100 grandma's who are looking to host pictures of their poodles online and share gardening secrets with their neighbors

Comment

• Santiago.
                              • Oct 2006
                              • 3.5.x

Hola, alguien habla en espaƱol por aca? 8D

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...