X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • meanshark
    • Nov 2004
    • 4.1.x

1and1 Dedicated?

Anyone use 1and1 dedicated servers? I've read the threads about the shared hosting, but their plans for the dedicated servers are a pretty good deal. Any feedback would be great.
  • eva01
    • Jan 2005

all i can say is that 95% of the time you get what you pay for

Comment

• TheMusicMan
      • Oct 2002
      • 3.7.x

No No No No No.... don't go there.... search here or on webhostingtalk for oneandone and you'll soon see why I say this....
      John

Comment

• GPC
        • Dec 2004

I have 4 servers with them. They are reasonable cost and reliable. Would suggest that you be fairly knowledgeable about running your own server as the support can be hard to get through to

Last time I called I got athe message that they were all very busy and to call back later. Not an answer I want. However, I have been running servers long enough that 99% of things I can solve myself without their input

Comment

• eva01
          • Jan 2005

yes always search webhostingtalk.com for your hosting that you want

Comment

• TheHideoutGuy
            • Sep 2001

I'll second Eva's recommendation. Thanks to WHT I just picked up a P4 2.8 / 1GB / 80GB HDD & 1.2TB BW for $89 monthly, and no setup fee.
            Boardoo.com - Hosting, Software, WHMCS Addons, and whole lot more.
            Featuring vBLink :: The vBulletin Integration Suite for WHMCS

Comment

• KW802
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by TheHideoutGuy
              I'll second Eva's recommendation. Thanks to WHT I just picked up a P4 2.8 / 1GB / 80GB HDD & 1.2TB BW for $89 monthly, and no setup fee.
              May I ask who from? I'm in the market for the same configuration. PM if you want to keep it private.

Thanks,
              Kevin
              [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

• TheMusicMan
                • Oct 2002
                • 3.7.x

Me too theHideoutGuuy... cheers...
                John

Comment

• rh2004
                  • Jan 2004

Yes 1and1 are rather expensive / TheHideoutGuy

nice server...

Comment

• meanshark
                    • Nov 2004
                    • 4.1.x

Originally posted by KW802
                    May I ask who from? I'm in the market for the same configuration. PM if you want to keep it private.

Thanks,
                    Kevin
                    I'd like a piece of that action also!

Comment

• TheHideoutGuy
                      • Sep 2001

Here y'all are..

I don't mind sharing the info, since is another particular site as eva suggested.

I don't know if that same promotion is going on right now, but I know they're running a 2-for-1 special.

Comment

• TheHideoutGuy
                        • Sep 2001

Buyer beware!

The company is called CalHost, and while I had previously steered folks to them because of the deal they offered, I have to advise that folks stay away as they have some major issues to deal with.. My server was ordered 3 1/2 days ago with a assurance by the owner of the company that it would be ready in about 24 hours.

It has now been 3 1/2 days and still no useable server. It takes them a day to answer an e-mail, and the response is vague or incomplete. Two days in a row I've been told that they were going to install the control panel by late morning, and two days in a row it has not happened. They're going to be having a chargeback from my credit card company if I don't have a box by tomorrow.

So my apologies to anyone who signed up based on the deal.

Comment

• CHIngs
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by GPC
                          I have 4 servers with them. They are reasonable cost and reliable. Would suggest that you be fairly knowledgeable about running your own server as the support can be hard to get through to

Last time I called I got athe message that they were all very busy and to call back later. Not an answer I want. However, I have been running servers long enough that 99% of things I can solve myself without their input
                          My point exactly. You have to have very good dedicated server knowledge if you want to have a good experience with them, if you dont, then you will say for sure "1AND1 IS THE WORST HOST I HAVE EVER BEEN WITH. PLEASE DO NOT HOST WITH THEM", lol.

Their server speed, server hardware, server software and everything is really great. But ITS NOT FOR A NOVICE.

P.S. I currently own a dedicated from them and so far its been great.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...