asmallorange, eleven2, servage, penguinhost Which one should i use?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Sinbad,

If you change the attachmet storage options to use the file system, you will then be at the limits of php_max_upload (or whatever that setting is called specificly) which is usually 8,16,50MB (don't ask me where they got thoughs numbers).

Comment

• Sinbad
      • Jan 2003

Hi Zachery

I don't quite follow, doesn't that setting only move attachments from DB into the filesystem?

It has nothing to do with uploading individual files in posts does it?

Comment

• fire27
        • Jan 2004

it has a major effect.try to keep all that you can outside of the db a 16meg file in the database hurts site performance. thing is the db has limits in place as well if you bypass the db limits you only have to worry about the php limits

Comment

• Loki12
          • Jul 2004

Penguinhost has been providing me with a very good service for over a year now, their servers are fast and no downtime is experienced. Also, they are quick to respond to emergencies.

On the downside: my cPanel has been hacked into at least 3 times already, the last time yesterday....

Comment

• lefteris
            • Sep 2004

I have problem with Penguinhost.net
            The problem is ....
            My Vbulletin 3.5.1 running to much cpu and the penguinhost.net suspend my account 2 times.
            What can i do that problem?

Comment

• TheMusicMan
              • Oct 2002
              • 3.7.x

Originally posted by lefteris
              I have problem with Penguinhost.net
              The problem is ....
              My Vbulletin 3.5.1 running to much cpu and the penguinhost.net suspend my account 2 times.
              What can i do that problem?
              Simple... ask them for your money back, and change hosts. Unless you have seriously hacked your board or you have massive numbers online concurrently, there is no way vB uses that sort of CPU%. They are probably asking you in an indirect manner to upgrade to a dedicated machine. Not the best way to suggest this though by suspending your account eh!

I am sure there is an explanation... you need to sort it.
              John

Comment

• Phone2own
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Loki12
                Penguinhost has been providing me with a very good service for over a year now, their servers are fast and no downtime is experienced. Also, they are quick to respond to emergencies.

On the downside: my cPanel has been hacked into at least 3 times already, the last time yesterday....
                How do you know it's been hacked? What makes you think it's been hacked 3 times, did they take you board offline or delete fies etc.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...