Best Shared Hosting Provider

I am looking for a Very good Shared Hosting Provider:

My Site Stats:
    1. Daily Uniques - 6500+
    2. Daily Bandwith Consumed - upto 1 GB
    3. Minimum Users Online anytime - 50
    4. WebSpace Consumed - 1 GB
    550 MB DB + 450 MB File System.
    PLanning to add a gallery modification soon.

My Requirements:
    1. Diskspace needed - 2.5 GB to 3 GB
    2. Unlimited FTP/Email/SubDomains or a mimum of 200
    3. 10 MySQL DB
    4. Good tech support, phone/email 24*7
    5. Also looking for Shared SSL Support

Please Give me some good recommendations only.

Please Do not Post Re-Seller Hosting Providers, I do not want to go with a company who is a re-seller. I only need reputed companies which has there own servers, datacenters.

Regards,
    Last edited by SaN-DeeP; Tue 30 Nov '04, 3:35am.
    TechArena - TechArena Community - Technology News - Tools Download - Tech Video - Gamer Guide - Hardware Review
  • fpouk
    • Oct 2004
    • 3.6.x

Give Globat a look

I host with them and they seem to be a good host as well

Comment

• SaN-DeeP
      • Dec 2003
      • 1.1.x

Bumping.. any vbulletin experts can help me on selection possibly ?

Regards,
      TechArena - TechArena Community - Technology News - Tools Download - Tech Video - Gamer Guide - Hardware Review

Comment

• TheMusicMan
        • Oct 2002
        • 3.7.x

SanDeep, you asked this qn over at TAZ and were given soem good information there. Did you not get the answers you were expecting...?? I am not a vB expert as you put it, but I do run a successful, growing forum and I use www.asmallorange.com.

All I will say is have another read of what was stated over there and DON'T GO WITH ONEANDONE...
        John

Comment

• SaN-DeeP
          • Dec 2003
          • 1.1.x

Hi there,
          Since i did not get any recommendations there, I thought of posting directly on here.

Each and every provider posted there, was again having many negative remarks..

So that made me confuse.. will wait to see some replies here.

Regards,

Comment

• SaN-DeeP
            • Dec 2003
            • 1.1.x

bumping again since posted yesterday according to my time
            Yesterday, 5:54pm

Can any vbulletin staffers help me out please........................................... ?????????

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

We do not provide official hosting recommendations. There are plenty of posts in this forum from others who are happy with their current hosts. You can also try checking www.webhostingtalk.com.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• James Kojiro
                • Jun 2004
                • 3.6.x

TMM, what is wrong with 1 and 1? Cheap dedicated servers!

Comment

• SaN-DeeP
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  We do not provide official hosting recommendations. There are plenty of posts in this forum from others who are happy with their current hosts. You can also try checking www.webhostingtalk.com.
                  thanks for the suggestion steve, I did not even got a click to request/ask for comments there

Honestly appreciated

Comment

• Curtis H.
                    • Dec 2003

You'll find that most hosting providers, while they may own or rent their servers, do not own their own datacenters as you requested which limits your options greatly.
                    I only need reputed companies which has there own servers, datacenters.
                    :cool:

Comment

• dilbert
                      • Oct 2004

I've been very happy with CrystalTech. They own their equipment / data centers as expressed. The number one selling feature for me is their support. They generally respond to e-mail in less than 30 minutes and are available 24/7 by phone.

One example, I made a pretty big mistake with my database and it was restored within 30 minutes. That is not their policy to be so fast, but I've never seen anything except fantastic support.

They also have a public forum on their site that most staff are involved in, including their CEO.

Just my 2 cents, and not I don't work for them, I'm just a happy customer.
                      Cliff
                      PathLabTalk
                      Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

• TheMusicMan
                        • Oct 2002
                        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by James Kojiro
                        TMM, what is wrong with 1 and 1? Cheap dedicated servers!
                        Hi James,

Hope this little lot helps....

• I was with them for a few years before I discoverd that they have a Max size on MySQL db's, and even though I had 3 Profesisonal accounts with them (i.e. 6*mysql dbs) they would not allow me to go anything over the 100MB for max SQL size.
                        • They were also the same with my bandwidth useage. I was using close to my 40GB on 1 of the accounts, and asked if I could merge the accounts with the unused portions of my other 2 professional accounts. They said an emphatic ... "no".
                        • Now, that's all fine and they are of course, very much entitled not to do this, but they then start trying to tell me I needed a dedicated hosting solution. Thing is... the bandwidth on their dedicated plan was 20GB... hmmmm... weird eh! So, they admitted that there was no way they could support me.
                        • They would also not do a database backup on a "Home" account I had with them (yes I had 4 accounts with 1&1), stating that this is not a standard part of their 'Home' plan service. They advised that I shoudl use phpMyAdmin. I advised them that this woudln't work for larger than 2MB databases and they said I'd need shell access to do a shell backup... but... guess what... shell access is not provided as part of the 'Home' account service.... phah!
                        • They are only open for support 10/5 (i.e. 8-8) and never on weekends, or on holidays.
                        • They are not at all customer friendly or savvy. I explained to them that I needed a solution to go further than the total of my 3 * Professional level accounts - which they didnt have. They don't like supporting larger sites... for some reason they get afraid. it seems that they are only happy to support smaller sites where account limitations are never reached and thus can use their load balancers to full effect - essentially overselling.

• Also - you only have to take a look on webhostingtalk AND listen to what Zachery says here to determine that one should never go with 1&1.
                        • They are also notoriously difficult to 'get rid of'. The process for closing accounts with them is extremely protracted. You can order really easily online - without any fuss or bother at all, and also by phone and credit card, but you try closing an account with them and see how easy that is. In order to close an account you need to fill in an online form, submit this, wait for acknowledgement, print this off, sign it, fax it to them, wait for them to confirm, then do more online... this all takes a long time to do and is designed purely to persuade you NOT to close the account. Thus they then have many dormant accounts still bringin in revenue because many people simply cannot be bothered to complete the process.
                        • They also took 9 bloody days to change the DNS nameserver record on one of my dot com domains to point to my new webhost despite the fact that their own proprietory control panel should allow a user to do this.
                        ... hehe... enough....
                        John

Comment

• galadrium
                          • Apr 2004
                          • 3.6.x

I just started using A Small Orange. They were very helpful with the transfer, and even moved some things for me. The server speed is always fast, unlike my previous host, Globat.

Check them out.
                          TheAntiPartisan.com Forums
                          Saving America, One Ideologue at a Time

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...