• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the Sandman
    • Jul 2003
    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by James Kojiro
    Awww man, they cost so much!
    It's not a bad deal for what you get. Would you expect a better deal from a reseller of the same server?
    The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
    Articles - Forum Review
    Interviews:
    KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
    Paul M

Comment

• dndog
      • Apr 2004

Shining Arcade...do you work for ASO? You seem to be full of knowledge of their whereabouts for every issue - and have a lot of support for them.

Either that, or you are one hell of a happy customer. Which does show that they have some loyal fans.

If you like 'em so much, could you tell me why? They are a reseller, so its the same as if you bought a server from the planet or sever matrix.

Just interested.

Comment

• James Kojiro
        • Jun 2004
        • 3.6.x

I just think that he is trying to get a referral, because the referral gets him 1 free month of hosting at ASO.

Comment

• lange
          • Apr 2003

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/aso/public_html/status/index.php on line 36
          Could not connect to mySQL server

Comment

• James Kojiro
            • Jun 2004
            • 3.6.x

Hummmm... That is oddd...

Comment

• galadrium
              • Apr 2004
              • 3.6.x

I just switched to ASO and I can say that it is way better than my previous host. Their support is great.
              TheAntiPartisan.com Forums
              Saving America, One Ideologue at a Time

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
                • Feb 2003

Originally posted by dndog
                Shining Arcade...do you work for ASO? You seem to be full of knowledge of their whereabouts for every issue - and have a lot of support for them.

Either that, or you are one hell of a happy customer. Which does show that they have some loyal fans.

If you like 'em so much, could you tell me why? They are a reseller, so its the same as if you bought a server from the planet or sever matrix.

Just interested.
                I don't work for them but I am a very happy customer.

The owner, Timothy Dorr cares more about his customers than he cares about money. He orders new servers before current servers get full so customer websites will have head room to grow. Whenever he doesn't have new servers to place new customers on and existing servers are near their full capacity he refuses to take hosting orders until he has new servers to place new customers on. When something is wrong he gives his customers information as soon as he has it and does everything in his power to recify it (sacraficing sleep). He provides excellent support and has even helped customers optimize their scripts in order to improve server performance. He has done a heck of a lot more for his customers than any other web host I have ever seen therefore I wholehearted recommend his hosting services.

Originally posted by James Kojiro
                I just think that he is trying to get a referral, because the referral gets him 1 free month of hosting at ASO.
                I have neither asked people I refer to credit me nor received any referrals for several months.

Comment

• Floris
                  • Dec 2001

You should go work for him, he sounds like a close friend and you seem to know a lot about their business and appear to be a good public relation or sales man type.

I mean, all he asked was 'do you work there', not 'how do they operate internally'.

I am sorry, it still all looks like indirect spam to me. (personal comment).

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
                    • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Floris
                    I mean, all he asked was 'do you work there', not 'how do they operate internally'.
                    He also asked:

Originally posted by dndog
                    If you like 'em so much, could you tell me why?

Comment

• TheMusicMan
                      • Oct 2002
                      • 3.7.x

I feel somewhat obliged to jump in here and defend Shining Arcanine as I feel he is being unfairly picked on.

Why do I think this...? because I too am a very happy AsmallOrange customer after moving to them some 6 months ago. My only regret is not doing so sooner.

To say what has been said about Shining Arcanine is very unfair. I also receive the same high class, professional service from Tim Dorr that SA has received. We [Tim & I] have spoken on the telephone when I was concerned about a few things, he has offered support to me on my www site at all times of the day and night - despite the fact that he is in Atlanta. He does purchase new servers before the average load on his current ones becomes unnacceptable, and he does stop taking new clients if he cannot get a new server online immediately.

Thing is, I am not an employee, nor am I a close personal friend of Tim Dorr. Just another very enthusiastic and satisfied client who is made to feel this way by a young chap and owner of an innovative webhosting company who could teach many lessons about customer service to many other webhosts out there.

I too do not wish for referrals.
                      John

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...