Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HexOnxOnx
    • Apr 2003
    • 3.7.x

Apparantly they were upgrading the server. Lots of people were wondering the same thing as me and all I did was read the forums to find out.
    http://www.icecreamforum.com

Comment

• Joshs
      • Jan 2001

Originally posted by HexOnxOnx
      I moved my sites to ASO this past week. All was good except last night the server speed was painfully slow. Took 90 minutes to upload 9 MB.
      That could be due to The Planet performing network maintenance. Assuming the server your account is located on is there.

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Joshs
        That could be due to The Planet performing network maintenance. Assuming the server your account is located on is there.
        That would probably be it. All of ASO new servers are from The Planet. The older ones (e.g. the one I'm on) are from ServerMatrix which is pretty much the same thing.

Comment

• James Kojiro
          • Jun 2004
          • 3.6.x

What are these stores or server server makers?

Comment

• Joshs
            • Jan 2001

Originally posted by James Kojiro
            What are these stores or server server makers?
            Say what?

Comment

• zanack
              • Jun 2004
              • 3.6.x

I have two VB Licences, one hosted with ASO and one with F5. The board I have hosted with ASO is a very small, private board and therefore I have only bought the ASO small package. The support at ASO is excellent - very friendly and helpful and I cannot fault them from that point of view. However, for quite a while now I've noticed that my board is constantly slow to load and quite honestly, has become bit of nuisance to post on. I have to admit to being impatient when posting messages and finding it takes too long.

I would like to see ASO do well - these are committed people who want to provide a good service. My small board isn't so important to me that it has to remain up all the time so I can live with the slowness for now. However, I will look to move hosts in a few months in order to provide more stability for the community if it continues to remain this slow. I'm really hoping that things improve.

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
                • Feb 2003

A while ago I wrote and posted a guide for optimizing vBulletin at ASO forums. You might want to check it out:

If that doesn't help try filing a support ticket with ASO to get moved to another server.

By the way, I'm curious, what server are you on? My site is on Gamma and have haven't had any problems with speed. You can check which server you are on with this tool:

Edit: This might explain the problems you have had:

Last edited by Shining Arcanine; Sat 13 Nov '04, 10:27am.

Comment

• zanack
                  • Jun 2004
                  • 3.6.x

Thanks for the link. I just checked it out and I have no attachments etc ... we really are a very small community who only use the board to chatter.

I'm on Iota - it started off very good when we moved our community there, but for far too long it's been slow. We have nothing loaded on the board that would cause problems and everything is as optimised as it can be - I compare this to my larger community I have hosted on F5 with far more images etc., and the comparison speaks for itself. My larger community runs very smoothly.

Moving to another ASO server sounds like a good idea ... thanks for that tip!

Comment

• zanack
                    • Jun 2004
                    • 3.6.x

Update and to confirm my opinion of support at ASO - I put in a support ticket regards moving servers and the response was almost immediate. The problems have been explained satisfactorily and I can only commend the way that I have been communicated with.

I look forward to seeing improvements and feel far more confident now that they will occur.

Thanks to Shining Arcanine for the suggestion regards putting in a ticket. Very much appreciated!

Comment

• lange
                      • Apr 2003

It's down for me.

Comment

• James Kojiro
                        • Jun 2004
                        • 3.6.x

I have been on Mu and the only trouble I have had was when the MySQL system went down.

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
                          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by lange
                          It's down for me.
                          The server they host their website on has had some issues in the last 24 hours.

Timdorr said this about the problems that they're having:

Originally posted by Timdorr
                          The new drive in the machine is erroring, causing lots of processes to wait on IO activity. I'm going to have the drive mirrored and swapped for a new one.
                          Last edited by Shining Arcanine; Tue 23 Nov '04, 3:42pm. Reason: Grammar

Comment

• James Kojiro
                            • Jun 2004
                            • 3.6.x

The only request I have for them is to create Dedicated Server hosting

Comment

• the Sandman
                              • Jul 2003
                              • 3.7.x

Originally posted by James Kojiro
                              The only request I have for them is to create Dedicated Server hosting
                              If you want a dedicated server you might as well get it directly from The Planet, since ASO is their reseller AFAIK.
                              The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
                              Articles - Forum Review
                              Interviews:
                              KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
                              Paul M

Comment

• James Kojiro
                                • Jun 2004
                                • 3.6.x

Awww man, they cost so much!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...