X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shizi
    • Oct 2004

RegisterFly.com (bad) experience

I found this on other forum and I agree 100%

"This is the worst hosting company I ever encounter and find out many unhappy users from google searches.

The company is scamming subscribers. It provides more than it could handle. Slowness and downtime are norm.

Their tech support service is poor. It expect people sit for hours for the god-damn help

My advise, If you not already a registerfly customer, avoid it. Else you would be regret as **** as me and cost you more to move around."

I do have my hosting setup with RegisterFly and I can attest to this.
  • XDuncan
    • Oct 2004
    • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Originally posted by shizi
    I found this on other forum and I agree 100%

"This is the worst hosting company I ever encounter and find out many unhappy users from google searches.

The company is scamming subscribers. It provides more than it could handle. Slowness and downtime are norm.

Their tech support service is poor. It expect people sit for hours for the god-damn help

My advise, If you not already a registerfly customer, avoid it. Else you would be regret as **** as me and cost you more to move around."

I do have my hosting setup with RegisterFly and I can attest to this.

I bought a domain there, lets just say i will never buy another one :S

Comment

• nirmah
      • Mar 2004
      • 3.0.0 'Gold'

XDuncan, I think RegisterFly's service in the domain area is very good. Maybe not the webhost, but I've been using RF for nearly 2 years now and love 'em!

Comment

• chrispadfield
        • Aug 2000

Never really thought hosting with a domain registration company is necessarily the best idea ....
        Christopher Padfield
        Web Based Helpdesk
        DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• oops my bad
          • Oct 2005

ditto

Never ever use registerfly. I've found more negitive info on them since I started looking. Yes, I used them for my business web site and "I am a jack ass". You get what you pay for. Thank god I'm the boss or I would be out of a job.
          They have cost me BIG $$$
          I'm sick just thinking of them.

P.S.
          I'm taking them to court.
          Their address:
          623 Eagle Rock Ave
          West Orange, NJ 07052

Poor example of an American company.

Comment

• TygerTyger
            • Aug 2005
            • 3.6.x

Well quite. Unless necessary for some reason or you are particularly trusting of your web host (fair enough) then you should buy your domain through a third party service to retain independent control. Just check your hosts TOS thoroughly with regards to domains if you buy through them.

If they actually require you to buy domains through them, take it as a big warning sign and back out.

Comment

• Rob-Morgan
              • Dec 2004

Never get a domain from a webhost and never get hosting from a domain registrar. You will always regret it.

Comment

• TygerTyger
                • Aug 2005
                • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Rob-Morgan
                Never get a domain from a webhost and never get hosting from a domain registrar. You will always regret it.
                Not necessarily. Plenty of webhosts offer domains because they are a small addition, easy to do and it's convenient for the customer, especially if they are not up on buying domains and how it all works. Personally I would always recommend third parties, but it's not all bad. I bought my first domain with UnitedHosting and they were like any other third party domain registrar. As long as you'd been there three months, you were charged no release fee and you're free to do with it as you please, with them or another host.

Comment

• Aardbark
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 1.1.x

Registfly.com customer dis-service

Want to spend 38 1/2 minutes long distence trying to get them to fix there billing problems? If so this is the site to go to. Problem still not fixed, site is down, and my customer is not in good humor.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...