Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carter876
    • Mar 2004

Plesk 7.1.x really bugged or what?

Hi all, I have opened this thread to ask you an opinion, I have the Plsek panel 7.1.x and it's the second time that my hosting during the upgrading of the plesk causes issues in my account,it is the second time that I find a folder not mine in my subdomains or I find a backup of others people in my ftp, and when I signal the thing to the technical support it always tells me that it is a bug of the plesk.
    Now I would like to know if in your opinion the Plesk Panel is really so cheap that every time that hosting upgrades it there is the possibility to have some problems in my account or it is the hosting that is not able to do his job???

Regards
  • Admiral Spock
    • Jun 2004

My host has systems that use Plesk 7.x, and I have not heard any problems with it, although she (admin) wanted to wait until the bugs were worked out when Plesk 7 was first released. I highly doubt that there are bugs with the control panel itself. It's probably an issue with the host having problems with maintaining the server.

If your host has other control panels available such as Ensim, ask to be switched. I would trust Ensim over Plesk, even cPanel. If not, it may be time to switch. But look at SWSoft's site to see if there are any bugs or issues relating to your problem (swsoft.net, not .com).

Good luck.

Comment

• Carter876
      • Mar 2004

Hi Admiral Spock and tnx for reply , my hosting offers the Enism 3.5 and the Cpanel 7.2 at the same price of the Plesk 7.x, do you recommend me to switch to enism or Cpanel?

Regards

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
        • Feb 2003

I use cPanel, like it, and hear that it has more features than other control panels so I recommend cPanel.

Comment

• Getox

as Shining Arcanine cpanel is better to use
          its more stable and runs vbulletin better then Plesk does, and the Plesk Panel is slow compared to cpanel..

Comment

• nirvanilla
            • Nov 2003

cpanel rocks

Comment

• c0bra
              • Apr 2001

Originally posted by Getox
              as Shining Arcanine cpanel is better to use
              its more stable and runs vbulletin better then Plesk does, and the Plesk Panel is slow compared to cpanel..
              I admin both cpanel and plesk servers.... no way is cpanel more stable. Just hunt around the cpanel support forums and note all the bugs, unresolved problems and issues people have when upgrading or installing security fixes. In fact, I dread each time I have to install a cpanel update because inevitably something WILL break.

Plesk on the other hand tests its patches rigorously before releasing them to the public. They also go in for BETA with private testers too. As a result, I've never once experienced any serious issue when upgrading the Plesk software. This process certainly doesn't happen over at cpanel. Plesk is also fast catching up on cpanel in terms of features with the 7.x release... and the control panel IS AS fast as cpanel today too.

Comment

• Carter876
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by c0bra
                I admin both cpanel and plesk servers.... no way is cpanel more stable.
                c0bra do you thinks that the problems that I have had are due to some error of the admin and not to problems of the Plesk?

Regards

Comment

• c0bra
                  • Apr 2001

Originally posted by Carter876
                  c0bra do you thinks that the problems that I have had are due to some error of the admin and not to problems of the Plesk?

Regards
                  Certainly sounds like an admin issue to me. If that kind of behaviour were occuring across the board on Plesk installations, there would be a whole lot more people shouting about it.

Comment

• Carter876
                    • Mar 2004

Ok tnx for your opinion

Regards

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
                      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by c0bra
                      I admin both cpanel and plesk servers.... no way is cpanel more stable. Just hunt around the cpanel support forums and note all the bugs, unresolved problems and issues people have when upgrading or installing security fixes. In fact, I dread each time I have to install a cpanel update because inevitably something WILL break.
                      Out of curiousity, which release do you install?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...