X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobAC
    • Jan 2001
    • 3.8.x

Hosting Suggestions

I am currently hosted with A+Hosting which I really can't complain about up until a couple weeks ago. My overall site speed started slowing down and now at night, the entire site, especially the Forums dramatically slows down.

The average number of guests and members online at once...combined is about 25. I currently have 507 registered members and I'm anticipating further growth over the next couple of months.

I would like to move my site to HostRocket, but based upon talking with one of their sales reps today, 20 users online at one time is the max that they would allow before requesting that the site be moved from a virtual host to a dedicated server. Obviously, dedicated server pricing is much more expensive over virtual hosting and I'd like to hold off from going down that route until it's absolutely necessary.

Everyone here seems to rave about HostRocket, but are you all on dedicated servers with them? Can anyone suggest a reputable, well known hosting provider that would not have a problem with 20+ members/users online at once?

-Rob
    Rob
  • George L
    Former vBulletin Support
    • May 2000
    • 3.8.x

i have a server with www.venturesonline.com

i suggest you check them out, as their virtual hosting servers are very fast dual p3 1000mhz, 1gb ram servers hosting virtual sites..

you should be good for up to 40 - 50 max connections on venturesonline.com
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• ff92k
      • Mar 2001

Whats the best free host?

Comment

• friend
        • Mar 2001

Rob, check www.webhostingmedia.net

Comment

• cihangir
          • Jun 2000

Originally posted by eva2000
          i have a server with www.venturesonline.com

i suggest you check them out, as their virtual hosting servers are very fast dual p3 1000mhz, 1gb ram servers hosting virtual sites..

you should be good for up to 40 - 50 max connections on venturesonline.com
          eva, you have been using ultraspeed. do you know, if ventura a ultraspeed reseller is?
          (http://www.venturesonline.com/Virtua...l_hosting.html the same price table, which ultraspeed has and ventura must be using the old ultraspeed cp)
          // less is more

Comment

• George L
            Former vBulletin Support
            • May 2000
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by cihangir

eva, you have been using ultraspeed. do you know, if ventura a ultraspeed reseller is?
            (http://www.venturesonline.com/Virtua...l_hosting.html the same price table, which ultraspeed has and ventura must be using the old ultraspeed cp)
            no, ultraspeedusa.com was acquired by burst.net and daniel the ex-owner of ultraspeedusa.com started up venturesonline.com in partnership with other financial backers... so yes the servers and control panel are the same - the control panels are the same because venturesonline.com and ultraspeedusa.com both colocate their servers with www.vdi.net which provide the web host manager/cpanel for the servers..

i moved to venturesonline.com where i have my new server. Burst.net now own ultraspeedusa.com and they owe me US$1200 in wrongful deductions on my credit card - of which i got back US$400 so far - still chasing the rest
            :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
            :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...