Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • btappan
    • Apr 2004

hosting solutions?

I am going to be starting a VB message board in the near future and need suggestions for who to have host my site. there will be no more than 1500 members and there will be no more than 500 post per day. most post will be short, 1 or 2 lines. pictures will be shared from time to time. this will be a paid subscription site. Can anyone help steer me in the right direction as to how much space i need. approx monthly data transfer? who is a reputable Hosting service? I need an extremeley reliable network to work with. thank you to anyone who can help me out.
  • TheMusicMan
    • Oct 2002
    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by btappan
    I am going to be starting a VB message board in the near future and need suggestions for who to have host my site. there will be no more than 1500 members and there will be no more than 500 post per day. most post will be short, 1 or 2 lines. pictures will be shared from time to time. this will be a paid subscription site. Can anyone help steer me in the right direction as to how much space i need. approx monthly data transfer? who is a reputable Hosting service? I need an extremeley reliable network to work with. thank you to anyone who can help me out.
    Not that it matters too much, but where are you located...? I am in the Uk and use oneandone.co.uk Professional Package. Plenty of space for files, 40GB bandwidth, 2 MySQL db's, ftp's, loads of pop3 boxes etc.... all for £16.99 per month. Excellent phone support as well... freephone! but only 5 days per week.

... there is one thing though that I have trouble with and has caused me to look for another webhost and that is MySQL size limitation. 100MB max! My db is at 94MB!
    John

Comment

• Lurk
      • Feb 2004
      • 3.7.x

I am currently hosted by Real Web Host. And am actually very happy with them . Many hosting packages, good prices. Many packages out there don't compete with their best package, their best hosting package is $25/month. They also offer semi-dedicated, dedicated servers, and special packages and plans. This is an excellent host for vBulletin 3! It should support all the features of vBulletin, like GD for example. Real Web Host has GD 2.0.15. They have really good support too. They have a help desk for support where you can get a support ticket and get support. They have tech support forums for hosting. Once you see their hosting page and their hosting options, it'll make you wanna get it or switch!!! Visit now, make the right choice, switch!
      -----------------------------------
      Real Web Host homepage:
      http://realwebhost.net
      Real Web Host packages:

-----------------------------------
      My Homepage:
      http://www.LurkCorp.com
      Let the flames begin.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...