Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JAB Creations
    • May 2002

I need 1GB / 40 GB with VB 3 Support

My current host has 2GB/60 GB setup but does ***NOT*** support VBulletin 3.0. They are www.globat.com and have been extremely unhelpful in my current situation. My forum has been down for over 3 weeks now. Bye bye 600 members and unable to downgrade.

I need an absolute min 1GB storage with at least 40 GBs of monthly bandwidth.

I pay 90 bucks a year for my plan. I do not want to spend uber amounts for a new plan.

Any good suggestions?
    John Bilicki III
    Webmaster of JAB Creations
  • Shining Arcanine
    • Feb 2003

Ugh... I was a customer of Globat for a few weeks... Worst hosting I've ever had. Then I signed up for Timdorr's hosting. It was the best hosting I could ever ask for and it is now known as A Small Orange. You might like it:

The Large plan should suit your needs.

By the way, if you sign up, tell them I sent you.

Comment

• TheMusicMan
      • Oct 2002
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by AA2004
      10GB space and 75GB bandwidth fit your needs?
      ... very much depends on (1) the price of this deal and (2) if it is too good to be true!... cos you know what... as they say... if it is too good to be true, it is too good to be true..
      John

Comment

• AA2004
        • Apr 2004

$24.99/month, 100% uptime so far, on dual xeon server. Could always trial run it.

Comment

• TheMusicMan
          • Oct 2002
          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine
          Ugh... I was a customer of Globat for a few weeks... Worst hosting I've ever had. Then I signed up for Timdorr's hosting. It was the best hosting I could ever ask for and it is now known as A Small Orange. You might like it:

The Large plan should suit your needs.

By the way, if you sign up, tell them I sent you.
          Hey Shining Arcanine

I did as you suggested from here in the UK and called them up just now (17:45 GMT) .. and would you believe it, a fantastic chap by the name of Timothy answered - he also happened to be the owner of the company...

All I can say is that he was very helpful, very informative, and gave me a very, very good comfort factor indeed. I asked many detailed questions, from MySQL database size limits through to doing a trial test of his services - all of which he was totally positive in responding to. I also asked about using his servers to do my test migration from phpBB2 to vB3 - again, he was totally supportive and positive about this. Very customer focussed.

So, I might very well be setting up a test contract period with them for a month or so to see how the across the pond thing goes, as most of my forum members are here in the UK.

If I do, I'll let you know how it goes.
          John

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
            • Feb 2003

That is good to hear, I hope you are happy at your new host.

Comment

• Lurk
              • Feb 2004
              • 3.7.x

I am currently hosted by Real Web Host. And am actually very happy with them . Many hosting packages, good prices. Many packages out there don't compete with their best package, their best hosting package is $25/month. They also offer semi-dedicated, dedicated servers, and special packages and plans. This is an excellent host for vBulletin 3! It should support all the features of vBulletin, like GD for example. Real Web Host has GD 2.0.15. They have really good support too. They have a help desk for support where you can get a support ticket and get support. They have tech support forums for hosting. Once you see their hosting page and their hosting options, it'll make you wanna get it or switch!!! Visit now, make the right choice, switch!
              -----------------------------------
              Real Web Host homepage:
              http://realwebhost.net
              Real Web Host packages:

-----------------------------------
              My Homepage:
              http://www.LurkCorp.com
              Let the flames begin.

Comment

• neo|d3fx
                • Sep 2001
                • 3.6.x

www.dreamdorks.com

just starting out.. full support for vbulletin, with anything else you could need.

I can give you all that for $80.00 per year, if you can top that tell me.... FULL SQL ECT....
                Last edited by neo|d3fx; Wed 14 Apr '04, 1:37pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...