X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • prn
    • Feb 2004

Hytek Hosting opinions?

Hi all,

About a month ago, I dropped in here and was asking a couple of questions. Now we are getting about ready to take the plunge and one of the next decisions is a host. When I was here before, Josh from Hytek Hosting responded by PM to some of my questions and I have been carrying on some back and forth with him since. I was almost positive I had seen some feedback about his company, but now as I attempt to check that, a search for "hytek" yields no more than a single simple request for opinions. I was sure I has seen something on Hytek Hosting in the "experience and testimonials" thread, but now I can't find it.

One of the conclusions I have drawn from that thread is that having a hosting company with vBulletin experience is a good thing. I'd like to see if anyone can give me any feedback on Hytek Hosting. You may respond here or by e-mail to [email protected] if you are more comfortable with that.

Thanks in advance,
    Paul
  • SaintDog
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.5.x

Josh seems like a nice guy to me and I've personally not seen any negative comments on him or his company so I'd liked to say you would be safe . Keep in mind, vBulletin's support forums are not exactly review areas for web-hosts, while you may find a few, just because you do not see a reivew here does not mean they are not a good company .

I say give em' a shot

Comment

• prn
      • Feb 2004

Thanks, SaintDog. That's more or less my inclination too. Right at the moment, the issue I'm working on is that a lot of the indications from the "experiences" thread seem to imply that a host with forum experience is a "Good Thing". In fact, that's one of the points I was making to some of my friends in our group. One of the guys is leaning toward hosting with a friend of his who does not have any vBulletin experience and I'm a bit leery for that reason. Now, the mere fact that Josh hangs around here at all strikes me as encouraging, but I thought I had seen a comment or two about Hytek and now I can't find them.

Ah, well. So it goes. Anyway, thanks.

Paul

Comment

• Lord Dolmus
        • Jan 2007

Anybody use HyTek hosting, are they good? I plan on using them for hosting.

Comment

• WurkAnimal
          • Aug 2005
          • 3.5.x

Wouldn't use HyTek, I've heard some bad things about them in different forums.

Now that is a nice company!

Comment

• Lord Dolmus
            • Jan 2007

These 2 sites seem to be doing ok.

www.titansgo.net

www.avatarspirit.net

Comment

• Joshs
              • Jan 2001

Originally posted by NashTax
              Wouldn't use HyTek, I've heard some bad things about them in different forums.

Now that is a nice company!
              Just for everyone's information, this guy was never a customer. He is upset and taking to libel to try to dirty my company's name. This is in result of him trying to seek confidential company information on our operations which I would not supply. He was so immature as to throw a tantrum and use some colorful words. Apparently, he was trying to start his own web hosting company but when I saw his thread full of misinformation I called him out on being completely unprofessional and immature. Since then as you can see he is spreading false information.

I can assure you that we have been in business for almost seven years and 99.9% of our couple thousand plus customers are extremely satisfied.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...