X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaXxed
    • Jun 2002
    • 3.6.x

Mediatemple vs Venturesonline?

Any thoughts? I am currently with VO, but have heard some goods things (non vb related) about Mediatemple. VO really is expensive, but otherwise I have been happy with them. I just cant seem to justify the cost anymore.

Any thoughts?
  • Joshs
    • Jan 2001

What type of plan are you looking for (features, storage, transfer, etc)?

Comment

• MaXxed
      • Jun 2002
      • 3.6.x

A very simple VB pretty much. I dont think I will be using more than 150mb and probably 10-20 concurrent users at the most. I have stayed with VO as they have really helped me out in the past with great support, but they are simply way too expensive.

Comment

• walter
        • May 2001
        • 3.8.x

For me it seems to be a question if you can afford less support because you have more experience now....
        More than 10 years experience in building communities!
        Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

Comment

• MaXxed
          • Jun 2002
          • 3.6.x

walter thats a good point. I guess what I was wondering more than anything is exactly how good venturesonline is, in comparison with mediatemple with regards to support. Having not tried mediatemple, I am tempted to give them a test run and see what happens.

Comment

• walter
            • May 2001
            • 3.8.x

You could take a look at www.webhostingtalk.com and search for reviews of customers of Mediatemple...
            Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

Comment

• MaXxed
              • Jun 2002
              • 3.6.x

I have done that. I havent been able to find many vb users using their services, hence the reason for asking here. They seem to be well respected, but, not being a technical person, I have no idea if they will even let me run one

Comment

• walter
                • May 2001
                • 3.8.x

Simply ask them This way you are able to find out how fast they answer emails and how friendly they are.
                But looking at their dedicated server offers, they seem more on the high end side? Are their virtual accounts really that cheap?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...