Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casbboy
    • Jul 2003

Verify/Authenticate E-Mail

Ok, I know the VBulletin has the ability to verify email addresses by attatching a verification link in an email sent to supplied email address.

Now here is my question:

I am trying to create a registration page for other purposes and I want this same function but have no idea how to do it. Please help!!!

Thanks
    Ryan

Again, Thanks for all the help I recieve
  • i am coo man
    • Jun 2002

Originally posted by casbboy
    Ok, I know the VBulletin has the ability to verify email addresses by attatching a verification link in an email sent to supplied email address.

Now here is my question:

I am trying to create a registration page for other purposes and I want this same function but have no idea how to do it. Please help!!!

Thanks
    Ryan

Again, Thanks for all the help I recieve
    When a user registers, generate a random number and store it in a special feild in that member's row in the DB. Then have the script send an email to the email addy that that user specified giving him a link to a special script that verifies if his email is correct. But you must include the random number that was generated in the link, and the script will check if that is the same random number associated with that particular user. If it is, the script at that adress will then verfiy that member! Yay!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...