Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Syberius
    • Jan 2003

PHP logged in user problem!

I am currently working on a complex site for a community that uses vB. The new site needs to know that user is logged in before they can use certain features. However the site is hosted on a sub directory of the main site.

What I need to know is how can I check that a user is logged in to the vB system when they come to the site. The 2 sites are on the same server with the same mysql server (different dbs but i have access to both).

I really need help soon.

Thanks.

Syberius,
  • Cary
    • Apr 2002
    • 3.6.x

Syberius, could you please add your email address to the list located at http://www.vbulletin.com/members/forums.php for Priority Member Support and to show you are a licensed member. This will give you access to the vB Support on these forums.

You'll need to have your customer number and password to access that page. Thanks!

In addition, your signature is currently breaking the rules set for signatures here. Please modify your signature so it follows the rules. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=42918
    Signature Limits

All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, and you can't have both text and images
    • For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed.
    • For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size

Comment

• Syberius
      • Jan 2003

I just removed my sig, no need on a forum like this,

Anyway.

I am not the owner of the forum/product.

I am one of the php coders working on a sub-project. I can contact the owner if you would like but I will not get access to their customer number or pass.

Thx,

Comment

• Cyborg from DH
        • Nov 2002

All you need them to do is add your email to one of the boxes on www.vbulletin.com/members/forums.php

Comment

• Syberius
          • Jan 2003

Would help if an owner is ONLINE atm.

I will mostlikely have to try tomrrrow and loose another days work.

Never mind.

Syberius

Comment

• Morgalis
            • Oct 2002

hello

Syberius is working with me, and i am a licensed owner

might you tell me what information is needed and i can gather that from him and post it in the members section
            www.karmicpower.com
            online community of like minded people

be the change you wish to see in the world

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

Morgalis, please view the vBulletin Forum Rules about signatures and modify yours so it follows the posted rules:

Signature Limits

All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, and you can't have both text and images
              • For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed.
              • For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Morgalis
                • Oct 2002

done!

how about that answer 8)
                www.karmicpower.com
                online community of like minded people

be the change you wish to see in the world

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  Former Customer Support Manager
                  • Jul 2000

Since this requires hacking, the best place to ask is over at vbulletin.org.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Syberius
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    Since this requires hacking, the best place to ask is over at vbulletin.org.
                    Yeah, there is a post there too but I have teh same problem with acct no.

The post is here,

Thank you,

Syb,

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...