X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cdaknight
    • Apr 2002
    • 3.0.0 Gamma

Favicon in address bar (IE)

Is there a way to make it appear in the address bar by default? I have a vague recollection that my vbulletin did it when I first installed it (2.2.5, now 2.2.8, soon to be 2.2.9).

Anybody have any clue about how to do it?

Thanks.

Cdaknight
  • mjames
    • Nov 2000
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by cdaknight
    Is there a way to make it appear in the address bar by default? I have a vague recollection that my vbulletin did it when I first installed it (2.2.5, now 2.2.8, soon to be 2.2.9).

Anybody have any clue about how to do it?

Thanks.

Cdaknight
    IE is faulty with favicons -- sometimes they show, othertimes, not. If you clear your cookies, temp files, etc., you should be able to view your favicon again. As long as you have a 16x16 favicon uploaded, it's the best you can do.
    Marc James
    Sports Central — Beyond the Scores
    Sports Central Message Boards

Comment

• cdaknight
      • Apr 2002
      • 3.0.0 Gamma

Originally posted by mjames
      IE is faulty with favicons -- sometimes they show, othertimes, not. If you clear your cookies, temp files, etc., you should be able to view your favicon again. As long as you have a 16x16 favicon uploaded, it's the best you can do.
      Hmmm. I had cleared all my stuff, and it showed up in my bookmarks, but it did not appear in the address bar.

I love internet explorer. Partial support. *grrr*

So no suggestions, eh?

Comment

• Attrox
        • May 2002
        • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4

It doesn't always work for me either. Internet Explorer can be quit the ***** sometimes.

Comment

• MUG
          • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Attrox
          It doesn't always work for me either. Internet Explorer can be quit the ***** sometimes.
          It's only supposed to show up when you bookmark a site.

Comment

• cdaknight
            • Apr 2002
            • 3.0.0 Gamma

Originally posted by MUG
            It's only supposed to show up when you bookmark a site.
            Nope. It's supposed to show up in the address bar too, at least in IE when it feels like it, and Opera. Mozilla/AOL/Netscape are probably going to support them sooner or later.

Comment

• nsr81
              • Mar 2002

Mozilla 1.0 shows paypal favicon, but haven't tried any other site.

Comment

• Attrox
                • May 2002
                • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4

I've never even used Mozilla actually, I've been thinking about downloading it...I am getting quite sick of IE.

Comment

• MUG
                  • Apr 2002

Originally posted by cdaknight
                  Nope. It's supposed to show up in the address bar too, at least in IE when it feels like it, and Opera. Mozilla/AOL/Netscape are probably going to support them sooner or later.
                  In Internet Explorer, it shows up when you bookmark a site.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/A...ortcutIcon.asp

The only way a shortcut icon appears on a user's Favorites menu and Address bar is if the user chooses to add your page as a favorite. You can add a button or link on your page that prompts the user to add your page. Use the following code to experiment with this feature.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...