Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • conan
    • Sep 2000

Best Book

Anyone recommend a book on php and maybe mysql? I was looking at the WROX ones, but I don;t know which one to get the beginner or programmer.

I'm a C++ and Java Programmer btw, so I'm familiar with programming!
  • Mike Sullivan
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Apr 2000
    • 3.6.x

You know C++? I'd go for the red Wrox one then, since PHP is modeled after C++.

The best MySQL book is MySQL by Paul DuBois, published by the New Riders.

Comment

• conan
      • Sep 2000

Thanks I was looking at the WROX book and it's kind aoutdated, they are publishing a new book in April on php 4, so I might wait, meanwhile I was thinking about getting either the beginning php 4 also from WROX or Core php!

And yes I know C++, although I didn't find php very similar to C++, Java on the other hand was quite easy to learn, since it's very similar!

Thanks for you reply, I do like the WROX books and I'm gonna get that php 4 programming for sure, I'm undecided now on what to get, any ideas or comments especially regarding this Core php?

Comment

• Zecherieh
        • Oct 2000
        • 3.0.0 'Gold'

I just bought the WROX book - it might be a bit out of date - but it is an awesome starting resource.

Comment

• conan
          • Sep 2000

I just bought the WROX Beginning PHP 4, and I'll be getting the programming PHP 4 when it's published! I might get that Dubois book Mysql, it seems pretty good!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...