• Show
Clear All
  • xyan00
    • Nov 2002

how to display a data from a buffer?

Hi all,

I want to display a data saved in a buffer,
    the adress of the buffer is known.
    any suggestions about how to achieve it in html?

thanks

yang";
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Hi there,

I am sorry, but I have too little information on what you are trying to do, in what language and what you want to accomplish and where it goes wrong.

HTML is just to build the page, it is not used to echo out $stuff. You can use client side (like javascript) or server side (like php/cgi) to do that.

You can use HTML in order to gather information from a <form>'s input fields, but you need something else then pure html to post the results.

Comment

• xyan00
      • Nov 2002

more information

Hi xiphoid,

In fact, there is a HDDL spoken dialog system combined with a dll in c++ in my system. when the dll is called, it obtained a data from hddl as its' input then process it and store the result in a buffer,finally return the result back to hddl speech part.

here I attached the c++ code which is for generating dll file,the parameters are stored in array inParameters[i] with a handling DS_TS_Association.

now I want to obtain the result(e.g. a string) in the buffer and display it on the screen by coding in html, but I am not sure if such goal can be achieved in html.

blessing
      xyan00

Originally posted by xiphoid
      Hi there,

I am sorry, but I have too little information on what you are trying to do, in what language and what you want to accomplish and where it goes wrong.

HTML is just to build the page, it is not used to echo out $stuff. You can use client side (like javascript) or server side (like php/cgi) to do that.

You can use HTML in order to gather information from a <form>'s input fields, but you need something else then pure html to post the results.

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Originally posted by xyan00
        [i]Hi xiphoid,

In fact, there is a HDDL spoken dialog system combined with a dll in c++ in my system. when the dll is called, it obtained a data from hddl as its' input then process it and store the result in a buffer,finally return the result back to hddl speech part.

here I attached the c++ code which is for generating dll file,the parameters are stored in array inParameters with a handling DS_TS_Association.

now I want to obtain the result(e.g. a string) in the buffer and display it on the screen by coding in html, but I am not sure if such goal can be achieved in html.

blessing
        xyan00
        uhm, this I wouldn't know, but I do not think this can be done with html, maybe you could end that script to print to document the result of the string. Which will result in a page with just that result. You could force it to open a location to an url with your deisgn and just server side include the result from that page.

Maybe you could try to play with ASP a little bit.

Comment