Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Godin
    • Oct 2000

Vbulletin Censor, and indeed VB Code

Yup, the immortal problem of trying to alter the censor to actually catch instances where empty vbcode tags have been inserted into the middle of the word, I've been trying to do this but to little success, my thinking has been along the lines of create a modified BB code parser to replace tags with nulls, then censor check on that, then if you hit any banned words display from teh bbcode free string, I know it disables bb code if you trip it, but who cares if they are tripping the censor anyway,alas my PHP skills arent quite upto this.

Any pointers as to what I would need to do to get this done? or indeed has someone already done it?

Thanks in advance.
  • TechTalk
    • Jul 2000

Are you serious? I never knew this was a problem!

~Chris

Comment

• JohnM
      • May 2000

go over to scriptkeeper and type vBulletin

Comment

• Godin
        • Oct 2000

yeah, I didnt know until I noticed it being exploited on another forum, Just my PHP as is isnt upto working around it, mabee cos Vbulletin is a big script and writing a mod like this is gonna take a bit more research into figureing exactly hwo the Censor works.

Comment

• TechTalk
          • Jul 2000

Originally posted by JohnM
          go over to scriptkeeper and type vBulletin
          Dont challenge me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...