Users gettting failed errors after registering...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marvc
    • Jul 2002

oops...phpMyAdmin 2.3.0-rc2...
    Sorry for the confusion. I have seperate mail and web servers. nubiint.com is the web and contains my forums, and mail.nubiint.com is the mail server.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

And you don't have a 'Run SQL query/queries' box?

Also AFAIK nubiint.com and mail.nubiint.com have to be on the same physical server.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• marvc
        • Jul 2002

Somebody pleeaase tell me this isn't true. It would be a truly sad day if it is. I understand most people here run linux or unix servers that may contain mail/web servers, but everybody don't, so I hope or assume that that was taken into account. I couldn't imagine putting a web and a mail server on the same system, just doesn't make sense. Now once I get my documentation done, then I'll be ready to set my second site up on my linux server, but that's neither here nor there...
        Surely there's a good ol NT server guy or gal lying around that can help shed some light on this issue.

Comment

• marvc
          • Jul 2002

If I go into the vBulletin admin panel and attempt to email the users I get the following error:
          Warning: Server Error in C:\Program Files\PHP Home Edition 2\www\forums\admin\email.php on line 148

From what I can tell the mail reaches the internal users, test users I've created, but isn't going out to any of the external users. Isn't this an indication that the mail is working and that it doesn't have to be on the same server, and that I need to ensure I have the correct SMTP server listed somewhere??

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Originally posted by marvc
            Somebody pleeaase tell me this isn't true. It would be a truly sad day if it is.
            What I meant was that nubiint.com and mail.nubiint.com are the same domain, hence AFAIK they are on the same server.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

Originally posted by marvc
              If I go into the vBulletin admin panel and attempt to email the users I get the following error:
              Warning: Server Error in C:\Program Files\PHP Home Edition 2\www\forums\admin\email.php on line 148
              You still need to run the query I gave you. In all likelihood this will fix the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• marvc
                • Jul 2002

Running this query again on server running phpMyAdmin 2.3.0-rc2:
                Navigate to phpMyadmin
                Select vBulletin db
                Select the Query tab
                Insert the following query into the box labeled:
                SQL-query on database vbulletin:
                UPDATE template SET template = REPLACE(template, "\n", "\r\n");

Press Update Query?

Attempts to run mailtest.php.
                Gets no errors.

Now where do I go from here?? Should I attempt send email from the admin cp?
                Last edited by marvc; Sun 25 Aug '02, 3:19pm.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

I'm not familiar with that version of phpMyAdmin and I don't know what 'Press Update Query?' means. If this runs the query you entered, then that would be it. As I said before, make a backup of your database prior to running any queries.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• marvc
                    • Jul 2002

Attempting to send email to users from the vboard returns the same errors. Should I restrt something after running this query?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

I'm out of ideas then. You should probably visit www.php.net for ideas on how to make PHP work with a remote email server.

Have you tried contacting the host that's running the mail server?
                      Last edited by Steve Machol; Sun 25 Aug '02, 7:11pm.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• marvc
                        • Jul 2002

I'm hosting all of this, web and mail server. I'm running an e2k server and I can send mail to external people and clients with no problem. I really don't see how this could be the problem since the remote mail server, that's apart of this network with the webs server, is referenced in the php file. Then again maybe its a unix thing...all I know is that I now have a useless board...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...