Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. X
    • May 2001

CSS interference

I've got a custom header, where the text is defined in CSS.

I've turned my UserCP stuff like register, faq, search etc, from icons into text. However when I put this custom header in the header template, the text is black, where it should be white. The hover color is fine for the text usercp stuff, but the default color is black.

IF I change the link color in the Styles section of the AdminCP, then it shows up the in the color I want it to. But if I dont do that, rather edit the hex that is supposed to have the color I want, it gets overidden by vB's CSS, Im guessing that comes from the Head Insert?

Is there a line I can take out somewhere in vB that will not overwrite my custom header's own CSS definitions?

I know it sounds confusing, Im confused myself
    forums: pcfx.cc
    gallery: here
  • Max_Radius
    • Jan 2002

CSS standards include both "id", and "class" attributes for different elements of html. If you are creating a unique hyperlink, you'll need to ensure that the "A class" is different than the basic A links written in the vBulletin style.

To do this, just add this CSS before the </style> tag in your Styles' Head Insert section =>

a.whateveryouwanttocallthis:link
    {color:whateverhexcolor; text-decoration:howeveryouwantit}

a.whateveryouwanttocallthis:visited
    {colorwhateverhexcolor; text-decoration:howeveryouwantit}

a.whateveryouwanttocallthis:active

a.whateveryouwanttocallthis:hover

When you want to use this class, you'll need to name the link in the document.

for example:

<a class="whateveryouwanttocallthis" href="www.visualcues.com"> Visual Cues</a>

I hope this helps some.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...