Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dilbert
    • Oct 2004

Outputting a date

I recently moved one of my sites from a shared server to a VPS, it's not a vB site.
    I have a php newsletter program that I use to generate daily email and one of the fields was automatically filled in with the date using this:
    <input type="text" name="Name" class="Field250" value="<? print(Date("F d, Y")); ?>" >

It was working until the move, now I get this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	1
Size:	2.0 KB
ID:	3724984
    Any suggestions on what might have gone wrong are appreciated.
    Cliff
    PathLabTalk
    Square Wheels Cycling
  • Lats
    • Mar 2002

Most likely because of the 'short tag', try changing the line to this...
    Code:
    <input type="text" name="Name" class="Field250" value="<?[B]php[/B] print(Date("F d, Y")); ?>" >
    Lats...

Comment

• dilbert
      • Oct 2004

Thank you Lats, that was it!
      Cliff
      PathLabTalk
      Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

• David Copeland
        • May 2000

Originally posted by dilbert
        I recently moved one of my sites from a shared server to a VPS, it's not a vB site.
        I have a php newsletter program that I use to generate daily email
        What is the name of the newsletter program? I am interested.

Also, how do you send out the newsletter to your members? Through another website? If so, how do you know your newsletters are not going into the member's spam folders?

DAVID COPELAND
        Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
        Celebrating 22 Years with VB

Comment

• dilbert
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by David Copeland
          What is the name of the newsletter program? I am interested.
          Interspire Email Marketer
          When it came out it was a great product and they were developing it. Over the past few years it seems to have been abandoned for some of their other higher profit products. For the product alone I'd recommend it, for the future of it, I'm not so sure.

Also, how do you send out the newsletter to your members? Through another website?
          I have two domains, www.pathlabtalk.com (main site) for users and www.pathlabtalk.net for the newsletter software and the help desk software.

If so, how do you know your newsletters are not going into the member's spam folders?
          The newsletter software has tools in it to see what has bounced (and automatically manage bounces based on rules), and stats for who opened an email.

I have a 5 user license, I'd be happy to let you log in and try it out if you want. Send me a PM if interested.
          Cliff
          PathLabTalk
          Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...