Is there a way to password lock a design?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IcEWoLF
    • Jul 2008
    • 4.1.x

Is there a way to password lock a design?

Basically the only way for the user to be able to use a design is to know the password to unlock it.
    That means even if the rippers steal the images they still need to code the whole thing from ground up instead of being able to steal the code. Even if they managed to steal the code that they have to enter the password to unlock the design. When unlocking the design that it would require them to go to a third party site to do such and then redirect back to the original site.
    I know many designers back in the old days of PHP Nuke use to do that, is there a similar option available to do this for vBulletin or even a guide? I've found anything yet that could help me with vB 4.x.

I know I am probably confusing a lot of you, but hopefully someone can point me to the right direction.
    The 47 Ronin Gaming - www.47r-squad.com
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

That is not how the internet works, sorry

Your design is html, everything that is needed to see that design has to be sent to my browser to see it. People who want to steal your design need to do nothing more than screen shot of your site, or take the raw css/html and redo it for their own site.

Comment

• Dustin L.
      • Mar 2011
      • 4.2.X

You could try using an HTML encrypter, but they're easily decrypted.

I know you're upset about your theme being stolen, but you just have to deal with it unfortunately. There's really nothing you can do.
      http://quikmsg.net/strtoupper/ - Convert lowercase text and code to all uppercase!
      http://quikmsg.net/strtolower/ - Convert uppercase text and code to all lowercase!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...