Is it possible to have forms in the CMS?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deverill
    • Jan 2011
    • 4.1.x

Is it possible to have forms in the CMS?

Is it possible to have forms in the CMS, which can be filled out and posted as a thread into the forum (destination forum should be set).

Both form mods here, easy forms and Application forms can't be put into the CMS.

So could I write a form in HTML and use it in a static page? How would I get form results to be posted each into their own individual threads in a forum I select (I currently use a private forum).

Would anyone like to work with me on this? I really need this and it is for a good cause, I want to use it for grant applications to help students and those in hardship as we have several grants up for grabs.

I'm just crap at coding

Ive posted over at vb.org as well but thought I'd post here too for more exposure and someone may be able to link me to a mod I've completely overlooked.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You can use HTML and everything it entails in the three content types available in the CMS. This means you can have forms. You will need to write custom code to process the form submissions and provide feedback to the end user so you're probably looking at the PHP content type.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Deverill
      • Jan 2011
      • 4.1.x

I figured I could create forms in the pages as I've been using an inline frame for something else, it's the PHP side of things I don't know how to do, I would have no idea how to get the form posted as a thread as I can't understand VB for the life of me and I know sod all PHP.

I don't hold out much hope of getting help over at VB.org either.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...