Clear All

• $GLOBALS['vbulletin']->options['edittimelimit'] = 0;

Hi @all.

I've added the following new plugin for testing:

Hook: global_bootstrap_complete

Content:
    PHP Code:
    $GLOBALS['vbulletin']->options['edittimelimit'] = 0
    Normally this should overwrite the based post time limit for unlimited editing. This works correctly. The one thing which isn't working is the "Enhanced Attachment Uploading". Everytime if i upload a file, on the end comes an error.
    The "Normal Attachment Uploader" works. And the "Enhanced Attachment Uploading" works also, if i set the time limit to 0 in the vbulletin settings manuelly.

I can't understand why. Theoretically both (plugin and setting) should have the same effect. But with plugin the enhanced uploder don't work. Is that a bug or i have to go deeper into the code?

Thanks for reading and help me.

king regards

Pander23

Originally posted by Pander23 View Post
    The "Normal Attachment Uploader" works. And the "Enhanced Attachment Uploading" works also, if i set the time limit to 0 in the vbulletin settings manuelly.
    What do you mean by "Normal Attachment Uploader" ??

What do you mean by "Enhanced Attachment Uploading" ??

Where is this setting "set the time limit to 0" ??

Comment

Hi Andy.
      Thanks for your reply.

In the usercp settings you can choose between two "file uploaders".

The setting for time limit editing posts you find in: ACP --> Settings --> Message Posting and Editing Options:

Comment

What version of vBulletin are you running?

Comment

Comment

Now I realize why I wasn't finding the "Enhanced Attachment Uploading" dialog on my forum, it's because I have the Asset manager turned off in the Admin CP.

What exactly are you trying to do?

Comment

I would like allow some usergroups to edit they posts without time limit including the attachment feature.
              There is a similar addon on vb.org: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=228210 but it's not working for the attachment manager. So i'm writting an own plugin for doing that. It works, the problem is the enhanced attachment uploading which isn't working. Maybe it's a bug in the vbulletin code.

Comment

Have you considered turning off the Asset Manager in favor of the Standard Attachment Manager? I find the Asset Manager to be overly complicated for the average user.

Comment

Sure, that is a possibility, but for multi uploading files is the asset manager useful. But looks like this is atm the once solution, cause looks like the asset manager is buggy.

Comment

Sure, that is a possibility, but for multi uploading files is the asset manager useful. But looks like this is atm the once solution, cause looks like the asset manager is buggy.
                    I think you members will be happier with the Standard Attachment Manager.

Also the new Image icon can allow you members to select and upload multiple images quickly, how do you have Image icon configured?

Comment

Didn't noticed that i can change the settings from the new image icon. Atm i can only select one image per time there. Where i can setup that? Searched, but nothing found in the acp settings.

Comment

Didn't noticed that i can change the settings from the new image icon. Atm i can only select one image per time there. Where i can setup that? Searched, but nothing found in the acp settings.
                        Check this setting:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Advanced Insert Image Popup - (there are three options)

No
                        Yes, Flash Upload by Default
                        Yes, Ajax Upload by Default

Currently the only way for the Image icon to allow multiple file uploads is to have the Asset Manager set to Yes (one of the two options). On my forum I hacked the code to allow the Standard Attachment Manager (set to No) and still allow the Image icon to use the multiple select feature.

Please vote to have this fixed in future version:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-13025

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                          Check this setting:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Advanced Insert Image Popup - (there are three options)

No
                          Yes, Flash Upload by Default
                          Yes, Ajax Upload by Default

Currently the only way for the Image icon to allow multiple file uploads is to have the Asset Manager set to Yes (one of the two options). On my forum I hacked the code to allow the Standard Attachment Manager (set to No) and still allow the Image icon to use the multiple select feature.
                          Thanks. Multi select is now possible, but i've the same issue with the editlimit plugin as before. It's still the same there: http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/134/unbenanntast.png
                          Bug i think, but i've not enough information to post it in the bugtracker.

Please vote to have this fixed in future version:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-13025
                          Voted. Would make it more flexible with that option.

Comment

Thanks. Multi select is now possible, but i've the same issue with the editlimit plugin as before.
                            Please vote on this Jira so we can have more flexibility on edit time limits per forum:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-11770

Regarding a plugin solution, what I have done on my forum is to set the time limit to 10 years in the Admin CP. Then using plugins I control which forums have shorter edit time periods.

Comment

Please vote on this Jira so we can have more flexibility on edit time limits per forum:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-11770
                              Voted.

Regarding a plugin solution, what I have done on my forum is to set the time limit to 10 years in the Admin CP. Then using plugins I control which forums have shorter edit time periods.
                              Also a nice idea. But i think if it's not working global, there is no way to get i working with the advanced attachment manager atm. Maybe vbulletin fix it in the future or i have to take a deeper look into the asset manager.

Thanks for your help so far.

Comment