Prevent php regex, someone using private.php maybe using they bot spammer script

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Basketmen
    • Oct 2006
    • 3.6.x

Prevent php regex, someone using private.php maybe using they bot spammer script

Hi guys,

about few days a go, my members got a lot enough spam private messages from few spammer members, its looks like there is a bot spam script outthere, to search members username and send spam private messages, maybe using php regex

is there a way to prevent private.php page by accessing from other server, so only real user that can accessing the page? maybe like prevent hotlinking image

Nb.
    I already set member can only send 5 pm at once. But they can still sending constant pm. I get simillar pm from forums.digitalpoint.com few times before, even my account dont have post yet there

Its not about the pm's settings, but how to prevent this private.php page, and other page that can accessed and abused by script from other server maybe using regex

please share your knowledge guys
    Build community is not easy, its a very long game
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Take away pm permissions from EVERYONE (registered users, users awaiting email confirmation, users awaiting moderation).
    Make a new usergroup that is based off the registered usergroup , add pm permissions back
    Make a new usergroup promotion, based of of X posts (lets say 10?) then save.

Shortly after most of your users will get promoted and be able to pm again, new users wont and it should cut off spammers pming users. They'd have to get 10 (or whatever you set) valid authorized non deleted posts to be able to pm people.

Comment