• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • creative-friends
    • Feb 2009
    • 3.8.x

PHP Optimization

Hello guys

Today i have received this Email from my hosting saying all this........

Can any1 please help me with it pleasee....my site is down aswell and i am receiving lots and lots Email from memberss.......

Here is the thing which they wrote......

I apologize, but I was forced to suspend the directory "/home/public_html/" as multiple scripts inside it were causing a a high load on the server, and due to it affecting all of the other accounts on the system, I forced to take immediate action for the health of the server.

Please be aware, we do not disable directories like this except in rare cases where multiple scripts are causing issues, and we believe this is the only way to stop the server from crashing.

Unfortunately I do not have any specific recommendations for these scripts, however, in general, adding some sort of caching mechanism, where the script does not need to generate a new page with every request, helps to lower the over load that a script will cause. Likely the original author or support group of the software that you are using will be able to help you to understand how to add something of this nature.

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

It is possible that your forums are simply too busy for the server and hosting plan you are on.

One thing you should do is reupload the original vB files and remove or disable any plugins to see if that helps. A number of third-party add-ons are known to significantly increase server resource usage.

Also please see this thread:

How To Reduce Server Load
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• creative-friends
      • Feb 2009
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      It is possible that your forums are simply too busy for the server and hosting plan you are on.

One thing you should do is reupload the original vB files and remove or disable any plugins to see if that helps. A number of third-party add-ons are known to significantly increase server resource usage.

Also please see this thread:

How To Reduce Server Load
      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224462
      Yes maybe i disable site map at the moment lets see what my hosting says if it wont happen again that means it was site map but i cant disable site map for long either.....

i will have a look on the thread u posted

Thanks alot for your help

Thank u so much.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...