X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamiedolan
    • Dec 2009

Wikipedia to VB

HI;

I want to import some Wikipedia posts into VB. (Just a sticky post at the top of a forum category, i.e. Dog Breed info for Shih tzu). Maybe 50 articles. Wiki uses the Wikimedia markup language, so I can't copy and paste the raw code. I've tried changing the Wiki to print mode and copying the html source of that, but the formatting is a total mess once I put it into a VB post.

The only way I found to do it was to copy and paste in a plain text and re-do any mark-up I want. I just did one article and it took me a good half hour to get it looking good. I still didn't get nearly all the links in the article re-built such as to the references.

Is there any faster way to take the Wikipedia code or the Wiki html and get it into a VB post?

I do have html turned on for myself and it does phrase some of the HTML code when I past it in but there are large parts of the page that don't phrase and show raw code.

Thanks,
    Jamie
    Jamie Dolan
    Neenah, WI
    My VB Forum: Paw Dogs
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

There is no supported way to do this. You can try checking over at www.vbulletin.org to see if someone have made a script for this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Alfa1
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.8.x

Vaultwiki has an importer for mediawiki.
      I buy 420 forums

Comment

• jamiedolan
        • Dec 2009

Thank You.
        Jamie Dolan
        Neenah, WI
        My VB Forum: Paw Dogs

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...