Removing specific 'dead' pages from google cache - urgent!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Threepwud
    • Aug 2010
    • 4.0.x

Removing specific 'dead' pages from google cache - urgent!

Hey peeps

A member submitted sensitive info on a forum page and has since deleted it from my forum but google is still showing this page as cached. I am being asked by a third party member to have this data removed immediately and I am very willing to comply.

He suggested I add a noarchive meta tag to the head - if I did this on the main index.php page won't it will affect my whole site being found in google, I think.

So is there anyway to add this noarchive tag to just the deleted page or is there any better way to go about this?

Many thanks,
    Threep
  • punchbowl
    • Nov 2006
    • 4.0.x

Comment

• Threepwud
      • Aug 2010
      • 4.0.x

Thanks Punchbowl but I can't very well add the meta tags to, say, a page like this can I? - http://www.threepwud.com/vb/showthre...-Three-Stooges

Again I'd like to get the robots.txt saying DON'T GO THERE to that particular page but since it isn't actually an individual page it can't. If I added it to the index.php am I correct in assuming no pages will be listed in google's search database?

Note: Wasn't trying to sound rude!

Comment

• punchbowl
        • Nov 2006
        • 4.0.x

seriously, I'd just delete the thread. Who's to say someone didn't take a screenshot anyway?

Did you read the page I linked? You can instruct bots to avoid specific threads. You can remove specific pages from the cache if it's urgent too. It's in the article.

Use Search Console to monitor Google Search results data for your properties.

Comment

• Threepwud
          • Aug 2010
          • 4.0.x

I did read it earlier, thanks. I registered and added my site then asked that the pages be removed. The stuff from my site already has been deleted but is still stored in google's cache. I followed their instructions about the robots but it said the page I asked was not a page (not belonging to a specific html or php file I believe it meant).

We'll see how the removal requests go, cheers.

Comment