Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TommyBALL
    • Feb 2001

PHP 4.1.1 Released!

Due to a few bugs in PHP 4.1.0, we decided to release PHP 4.1.1. The bugs that were fixed are not major ones but minor ones, which could be annoying if you get bitten by them.

Our recommendation is that people who already upgraded to PHP 4.1.0 do not upgrade to PHP 4.1.1, unless they're experiencing one of the described bugs.

No new features or security updates are available in this release.

Full list of fixes:
    • Fixed incompatibility with Windows .NET / IIS 6 - may improve stability under other versions of IIS. (Zeev)
    • Fixed bug that caused crashes or error notices on shutdown on threaded platforms. (Zeev)
    • Fixed several crash bugs in the xslt extension. (Markus, Derick)
    • Fixed problem with dbase not returning very large (larger than long) integers properly. (Vlad)
    • Fixed several bugs and memleaks in the domxml extension. (Markus)
    • Fixed bug in gmmktime() which was one hour off during standard time - bug #9878. Patch by [email protected]. (jmoore)
    • Fixed bug in gmdate() timezone handling on Windows - bug #13885. (jmoore)
    • Fixed several crash bugs in the mcrypt extension. (Derick)
    • Made the mcrypt extension compile with the libmcrypt 2.2 series again. (Sterling)
    • Fixed a bug where the is_file() family of functions would in-correctly give an error when they were given filenames that didn't exist. (Sterling)
    • Fixed a bug in the strtotime() function where it was incorrectly recognizing GMT +0100 and GMT -0100. (Derick)
    Get it here...

Note: Windows binaries will be available later.

Regards
    - Tommy
    Last edited by TommyBALL; Fri 28 Dec '01, 3:24pm.
    MCP / MCSA / MCSE / MCT
    A few eggs short of a complete easter basket

vB 4.0.5+ CMS (No hacks), Windows Server 2008 R2 Ent, IIS 7.5, PHP 5.3+ (FastCGI), WinCache, Memcached, MySQL 5.1.45
  • Silviu
    • May 2001
    • 3.6.x

Hehehe, lets wait for WIN32 binaries, to test it again

Comment

• TommyBALL
      • Feb 2001

Win32 binaries released. Get them here...
      MCP / MCSA / MCSE / MCT
      A few eggs short of a complete easter basket

vB 4.0.5+ CMS (No hacks), Windows Server 2008 R2 Ent, IIS 7.5, PHP 5.3+ (FastCGI), WinCache, Memcached, MySQL 5.1.45

Comment

• Craig Armstrong
        • Feb 2001

Originally posted by TommyBALL
        Win32 binaries released. Get them here...
        http://www.php.net/downloads.php
        .::downloads::.

Comment

• gafami
          • Nov 2001

unfortunately php 4.1.x doesn't support the zend accelerator 2. yet... err nope wait... other way around... lol... the accelerator doesn't support php 4.1.x yet :\ so all ppl who use the zend cache/accelerator should know this before upgrading... :\

cheers,
          joerg

Comment

• Wally Hartshorn
            • Feb 2001

Okay to Upgrade?

Does vBulletin 2.2.1 run without problems under PHP 4.1.0 and 4.1.1? (I mean without more problems than usual. )

Comment

• Silviu
              • May 2001
              • 3.6.x

Yeaps, im using 4.1.1, with mySQL 3.23.47, no problems at all.

Comment

• Martin
                • Apr 2000
                • 3.5.x

Added note to this:

There seem to be some problems with Win32/PHP 4.1.1 & vBulletin. I've handled 2 support issues today that were directly related to running 4.1.1 on a Win32 server. Once the people downgraded to 4.0.6, the problems disappeared.
                I would stongly advise people running Win32 OS's to stick with 4.0.6 for the time being.
                Webmaster:
                @forumz

Comment

• TheHideoutGuy
                  • Sep 2001

What sort of problems?

I'm running 4.1.0 on Win32/Apache with no problems except for a couple random harmless errors when I'm in the admin control panel. Does 4.1.1 cause more errors?
                  Boardoo.com - Hosting, Software, WHMCS Addons, and whole lot more.
                  Featuring vBLink :: The vBulletin Integration Suite for WHMCS

Comment

• robinchee
                    • Jun 2001

Originally posted by Martin
                    Added note to this:

There seem to be some problems with Win32/PHP 4.1.1 & vBulletin. I've handled 2 support issues today that were directly related to running 4.1.1 on a Win32 server. Once the people downgraded to 4.0.6, the problems disappeared.
                    I would stongly advise people running Win32 OS's to stick with 4.0.6 for the time being.
                    I've managed to install vBulletin 2.2.1 on win 2k server sp2 with php 4.1.1 and mysql 3.23.47 with no problems .. but have not tested under load yet ..
                    Robin Chee
                    Singapore

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...