X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackHoster
    • Jun 2010

how can i fix this please ??

i was checking on my website using
    W3C's easy-to-use markup validation service, based on SGML and XML parsers.

and i found only one error this one

Line 981, Column 7: end tag for "ul" which is not finished </ul>
    Most likely, you nested tags and closed them in the wrong order. For example <p><em>...</p> is not acceptable, as <em> must be closed before <p>. Acceptable nesting is: <p><em>...</em></p>
    Another possibility is that you used an element which requires a child element that you did not include. Hence the parent element is "not finished", not complete. For instance, in HTML the <head> element must contain a <title> child element, lists require appropriate list items (<ul> and <ol> require <li>; <dl> requires <dt> and <dd>), and so on.
    so would someone please tell me how could i fix this ??
    Regards
  • Loco.M
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.5.x

it tells you right there what to fix...

(Most likely, you nested tags and closed them in the wrong order.)
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• BlackHoster
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Loco.M
      it tells you right there what to fix...

(Most likely, you nested tags and closed them in the wrong order.)
      WoW...nice answer

But would you please tell me where to go exactly to fix it and will go for it directly ...thanks a lot

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

You have an unclosed tag, you need to review your html and fix it. Honestly, if the site doesn't look broken on any browsers, i wouldn't worry about html validation.

Comment

• borbole
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by BlackHoster
          WoW...nice answer

But would you please tell me where to go exactly to fix it and will go for it directly ...thanks a lot
          You will need to post the codes around the lines that it reports the validation error. Because without seeing the code it will be extremly difficult to say what causes it unless a mind reader will come along

Comment

• s810car
            • Mar 2008
            • 3.6.x

I've seen a lot of code in the system (mostly in forumhome, forumdisplay, threadbit and postbit) that have vb:if conditionals that will leave the source code looking like this
            HTML Code:
            <ul> </ul>
            with the li tags gone due to the condition not being met. IMO not much you can do about it except make the conditions true or remove the if altogether, have to agree with the statement above
            Originally posted by Zachery
            Honestly, if the site doesn't look broken on any browsers, i wouldn't worry about html validation.

Comment