• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrMatt
    • Apr 2009
    • 3.8.x

Please help new vbulletin member with header questions

Hello everyone!

I am relatively new to php and css, but I can understand some things. I am desperately looking for some advice with the following issues, I just purchased my vbulletin forum two days ago and want to launch it asap.

I am using vbulletin 3.8.2

Making a custom header for vBulletin forum:

How can I make a custom header with a google adsense advertisement at the top, site logo underneath and 3 links underneath the logo?

You can see exactly what I want to make at this website:

Code:
    hype beast.com/forum/
    I just don't know where to start, I could design what I want in dreamweaver but I don't think it's a simple case of copying the html out into the header.php template in vbulletin.

Increase size of "Last Post" area on vbulletin front page table.

I was wondering, how can I increase the size of the "Last Post" area on the front page of my vbulletin forum? It seems to be only 20/30px wide at the moment and the information about the last post and who created that last post is squashing up inside the box.

Thanks a lot for your help, it is greatly appreciated!!
  • Maltair
    • Feb 2009

And what I'd like to do is put the logo in the upper left (where it is now) and the adsense to the right of the logo, instead of under it.

Also wondering...I copy and pasted the adsense code into the header for now, at size 728x90 the text ads seem fine, but the picture ads seem to have the bottom clipped. Is this because 728 x 90 is too big for adsense ads in the header?

Comment

• Ramsesx
      • Aug 2005
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by DrMatt
      Hello everyone!

I am relatively new to php and css, but I can understand some things. I am desperately looking for some advice with the following issues, I just purchased my vbulletin forum two days ago and want to launch it asap.

I am using vbulletin 3.8.2

Making a custom header for vBulletin forum:

How can I make a custom header with a google adsense advertisement at the top, site logo underneath and 3 links underneath the logo?

You can see exactly what I want to make at this website:

Code:
      hype beast.com/forum/
      I just don't know where to start, I could design what I want in dreamweaver but I don't think it's a simple case of copying the html out into the header.php template in vbulletin.

Increase size of "Last Post" area on vbulletin front page table.

I was wondering, how can I increase the size of the "Last Post" area on the front page of my vbulletin forum? It seems to be only 20/30px wide at the moment and the information about the last post and who created that last post is squashing up inside the box.

Thanks a lot for your help, it is greatly appreciated!!
      You don't need to know anything about php for customizing styles.
      Go into your admin control panel look for style and templates and search for the template: header
      If you get it you'll see what you need to do.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...