Downgrading From 3.5.5 to 3.5.4 How Do I keep all My posts, members, etc...?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nate830
    • Jul 2006
    • 3.5.x

Downgrading From 3.5.5 to 3.5.4 How Do I keep all My posts, members, etc...?

Hi,

I'm wanting to downgrade from 3.5.5 to 3.5.4 is there anyway I can do this and not lose posts, threads, and members?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

There is no way to downgrade. You would have to restore a backup of the 3.5.4 files and database from prior to your upgrade.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Nate830
      • Jul 2006
      • 3.5.x

Ok umm How do i upgrade to 3.6 without losing everything?

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

The same way you upgrade any other time?

What are you worried about losing?

Comment

• Nate830
          • Jul 2006
          • 3.5.x

NVM I just realized my mysql is being gay and I will have to just upload vbulletin 3.6 because my mysql database is having a problem. I was worrying about losing members posts and threads

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

How is mysql being "gay".

Upgrading to a new version will not solve any db issues if they are serious ones.

Comment

• Nate830
              • Jul 2006
              • 3.5.x

umm well its being gay by saying some stupid stuff that I have no idea what its talking about.

Warning: mysql_query(): Unable to save result set in /includes/class_core.php on line 405
              There seems to have been a problem with the PhurionFilms.com database.
              Please try again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
              An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, whom you can also contact if the problem persists.
              We apologise for any inconvenience.
              Database error in vBulletin 3.5.5:Invalid SQL: SELECT user.*,usertextfield.*,userfield.*, user.userid, options, IF(displaygroupid=0, user.usergroupid, displaygroupid) AS displaygroupid ,IF((NOT(options & 1024) AND (user.usergroupid IN (-1,6) OR FIND_IN_SET('6', membergroupids))), 0, reputation) AS reputationscore,level ,avatar.avatarpath,NOT ISNULL(customavatar.userid) AS hascustomavatar,customavatar.dateline AS avatardateline, customavatar.width AS avwidth, customavatar.height AS avheight , lastactivity AS lastvisittime FROM user AS user LEFT JOIN usertextfield AS usertextfield ON(usertextfield.userid=user.userid) LEFT JOIN userfield AS userfield ON(userfield.userid=user.userid) LEFT JOIN reputationlevel AS reputationlevel ON(user.reputationlevelid=reputationlevel.reputationlevelid) LEFT JOIN avatar AS avatar ON(avatar.avatarid = user.avatarid) LEFT JOIN customavatar AS customavatar ON(customavatar.userid = user.userid) WHERE 1=1 AND user.usergroupid IN (-1,6,7,2,5) ORDER BY user.username asc LIMIT 0, 30;MySQL Error : Got error 127 from storage engineError Number : 1030Date : Monday, August 21st 2006 @ 06:03:04 PMScript : http://phurionfilms.com/memberlist.phpReferrer : http://phurionfilms.com/index.phpIP Address : 68.54.214.107Username : N@t3Classname : vb_database

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

Freya:~ root# /usr/local/mysql/bin/perror 127
                MySQL error code 127: Record-file is crashed

The table uer is crash and needs to be repaired.

Comment

• Nate830
                  • Jul 2006
                  • 3.5.x

=) i love my host all i had to do was say repair and it fixed itself =)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...