X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Computer
    • May 2000

need halp for backup mysql

Hi,
    with phpmyadmin it works to make backup´s and restores opf the database in mysql, but only if the files are not to big, because most servers give not enough "cpu seconds".

I looking now for a script which can fix this problem, maybe starts twice ore three time to backup, restore the big files.

Next question, what is the exact comando to make a complet backup/restore of all .csv data via Telnet Access.

Thx
    for help

• Username
    • May 2000

Backup Script.

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but there is a simple Cron MySQLdump backup script posted here:

Hope that helps!

Comment

• Username
      • May 2000

Backu

Sorry for posting twice in a row, I forgot to mention the following:

To backup your database using a dump from telnet, use this command:

mysqldump -u mysqlusername -p database_name > output_file_name.sql

That'll prompt you for your password and export the database into a script that you can use to recreate the database if there is a problem.

Here is how you can restore it:

mysql -u mysqlusername -p database_name < input_file_name.sql (which was previously output_file_name.sql)

If you are going to download the database, you should compress it (tar czvf filename.tgz filetocompress) and then uncompress it (tar xzvf filename.tgz) before using it.

I am not a linux, MySQL, or PHP expert, but these commands work for me and have allowed me to backup and move my databases, so I think they should work for you!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...