Does anyone have a PayPal ATM/Debit Card???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blaze18
    • Feb 2004

Does anyone have a PayPal ATM/Debit Card???

I am just wondering a few questions about these, and was thinking maybe some people on here have one. I have a problem. I love buying stuff off the internet but my parents hate giving me there credit card. I sold somthing on ebay and got 388.00$ for it and now have all that $ in my paypal account. I was wondering if I can just keep that in there and get a paypal card. Then I could use this card to take a few dallors out at an atm, and keep the rest in there for future payments on the internet. Do you guys know anything about this. I CANT have this card haveing any thing to do with my parents banc accounts other than putting there info on paypal one time. Thats what Im wondering. This card will just take money out of the money I have in my paypal account right? If it takes money out of my parents banc I am screwed. But if it only deals with my paypal money I am set. Then I could just sell stuff on ebay when I need money to get somthing off the internet. And with online purchases can I only use it at stores that say they accept paypal or can I use it where they just accept master card too? And when I use a atm it takes a dallor out of my paypal money right? Thanks for any help!
  • delaen
    • Nov 2002

It just takes money from your Paypal account, and it's accepted anywhere they take Mastercard.

Comment

• filburt1
      • Feb 2002

dalean is correct, it draws only from your PayPal account.

You can get 1.5% cash back if you're PayPal preferred, which essentially means you only accept PayPal in eBay auctions. You're supposed to also list something every two weeks, but I rarely sell stuff on eBay and I still get the 1.5% cash back.

You can also get the debit bar (IIRC) which is a virtual MasterCard number, not a physical card.

I haven't had a single problem with the debit card. It's always been accepted everywhere I want to use it, online or physical store, and given that MasterCard is so widespread, coverage is not an issue.

Just don't overdraft your account. I believe it was in a thread here that I was told overdrafting your PayPal account will not draw funds from your associated credit card or bank account.
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Blaze18
        • Feb 2004

Great. Thanks, thats all I really needed to know. This will make stuff a lot easier. Now I just need to wait to verify the banc account and Ill get one. Thanks again.

Comment

• tgillespie
          • Dec 2002
          • 3.7.x

I use the PayPal debit card as my primary means of payment. The cash back, ease of use, and security is outstanding. My goal is to never sign up for a credit card, but if I were to ever, it would definately be from PayPal.
          Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

• filburt1
            • Feb 2002

Originally posted by tgillespie
            I use the PayPal debit card as my primary means of payment. The cash back, ease of use, and security is outstanding. My goal is to never sign up for a credit card, but if I were to ever, it would definately be from PayPal.
            You have to if you want to get credit, unless you never want a car or house.
            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• CondorZ
              • Oct 2001

I have one and it works well. Will work anyplace they take Mastercard and get 1.5% back.

Comment

• welo
                • Sep 2003
                • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Originally posted by filburt1
                Just don't overdraft your account. I believe it was in a thread here that I was told overdrafting your PayPal account will not draw funds from your associated credit card or bank account.
                From what I've seen, it's impossible to overdraft your Paypal account using the card. I found this out by accident when trying to buy a $30 item, having like $24 in Paypal while assuming it would just take the rest from my bank account. No dice.

One thing I like about the Paypal card is they email you an invoice for every transaction. I can walk across the street, buy a pack of smokes using the card, and by the time I get back I have an invoice in my inbox. Sure wish my bank operated like that.
                "I can't seem to bring myself to say, 'Well, I guess I'll be toddling along.'
                It isn't that I can't toddle. It's that I can't guess I'll toddle."

--Robert Benchley (1889-1945)

Comment

• delaen
                  • Nov 2002

Originally posted by welo
                  From what I've seen, it's impossible to overdraft your Paypal account using the card. I found this out by accident when trying to buy a $30 item, having like $24 in Paypal while assuming it would just take the rest from my bank account. No dice.
                  Oh, it's quite possible to do it. I've done it a few times before, but I don't remember how exactly. I think it had something to do with a delayed payment, or a subscription to some place that I had. It was only negative by a few dollars though, and they didn't charge me anything.

Comment

• JustAskJulie
                    • Nov 2002
                    • 3.6.x

I've had one for a couple of years. THey are nice to have and an easy way to get access to your PayPal funds.

You may need to check the TOS tho on age restrictions.
                    Julie

Comment

• Ksilebo
                      • May 2001

They only take the dollar out if you do something at an ATM, in addition to whatever ATM fee that that operator of the ATM wants.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
                      http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

• IndyWebDesign
                        • Mar 2004
                        • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Originally posted by welo
                        I've done it before... I filled up my van with gas! The gas station only authorized $1 so when I filled up I overdrafted my account by $3 and some change.

Comment

• tubedogg
                          • Feb 2001

Originally posted by CondorZ
                          I have one and it works well. Will work anyplace they take Mastercard and get 1.5% back.
                          Except WalMart, who no longer takes MasterCard-branded check/debit cards as a MasterCard. They force you to conduct it as an ATM transaction (meaning you have to input your PIN). Just one of the many reasons not to shop at WalMart.

Comment

• tgillespie
                            • Dec 2002
                            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by tubedogg
                            Except WalMart, who no longer takes MasterCard-branded check/debit cards as a MasterCard. They force you to conduct it as an ATM transaction (meaning you have to input your PIN). Just one of the many reasons not to shop at WalMart.
                            I used it just the other night as a credit card. Is this change within the last 2 days?
                            Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

• KyleC
                              • Mar 2004
                              • 3.0.0 'Gold'

do they send you a monthly statement through snailmail???

or is everything just online?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...