• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Asendin
    no i didnt
    bah...you know what I meant

Comment

• Mr. HillBilly
      • Jun 2003
      • 3.0.0 'Gold'

I hope you guys know that we were meant to be naked until clothing came along. So don't get all pissed off about someone showing their nipple

Comment

• Chen
        • Jun 2001

Originally posted by Radon3k
        That incident was completely uncalled for. The Super Bowl is a family event and millions of parents and their children were watching it. There is nothing wrong with the human body in itself, but there is a time and place for everything and the Super Bowl certainly wasn't the appropriate time or place to show that.
        Couldn't have said it better...
        Chen Avinadav
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• Chen
          • Jun 2001

Originally posted by floris
          I also wonder how come that nipple was zoomed in and in focus, and that naked person on the field was as blurry as possible.
          I really doubt CBS had anything to do with this incident, they know they are going to be fined - big time. They knew the naked lunatic was naked, so they zoomed out... but they had no idea that Janet Jackson is going to flush her breast. Normally when performers (I'm afraid to say artists) is on the stage performing you zoom in on them.
          Chen Avinadav
          Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

• Chen
            • Jun 2001

Originally posted by CeleronXT
            I think the United States is just far too sheltered.. When I was staying with my class in Quebec, Canada, there were pictures of women's nips on the walls in our hotel, and there was even a pr0n channel (channel 1 O_O).
            Who is to say what is right and what is wrong? In some Arab countries you can also have dozens of wifes, should we adopt that behaviour as well?

The thing is that the FCC strictly prohibits this sort of thing, obviously for a reason. If you have a problem with that then either don't appear on FCC-governed networks, moderate your performance or do something to change the law. Like some said above, this wasn't the time nor the place for this kind of show... I wouldn't mind seeing it on MTV (who are obviously behind this), where it belongs.
            Chen Avinadav

Comment

• Valkyre
              • Jun 2001

Originally posted by Chen
              Who is to say what is right and what is wrong? In some Arab countries you can also have dozens of wifes, should we adopt that behaviour as well?

The thing is that the FCC strictly prohibits this sort of thing, obviously for a reason. If you have a problem with that then either don't appear on FCC-governed networks, moderate your performance or do something to change the law. Like some said above, this wasn't the time nor the place for this kind of show... I wouldn't mind seeing it on MTV (who are obviously behind this), where it belongs.
              Although the FCC has unbanned words such as "****" and "****" very recently. So the FCC's standards are beginning to cumble.
              Need a job done? Get in contact with me and we'll see what we can work out.

Comment

• Valkyre
                • Jun 2001

Well that certainally worked out well. I meant to say the "s" word and "f" word have been unbanned.
                Need a job done? Get in contact with me and we'll see what we can work out.

Comment

• Boofo
                  • Apr 2002
                  • 4.1.x

Well. the official high-definition picture of this incident has finally mage it's way to the Internet. It was all staged in my opinion. Maybe the Network didn't know anything about it, but I'll bet MTV did. The picture clearly shows the breast, but with a nipply pasty on it. It looks silverish and covers the whole nipple and the surrounding area. Why would she wear something so uncomfortable under her clothing as that if this wasn't supposed to happen?
                  vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

• RichM
                    • Jan 2003
                    • 4.0.x

I did not see it as i am from the UK and i don't watch the news.
                    But anyway who cares? It is a LUMP, why be like "OMG THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE SHOWED IT OMG"? It is only a LUMP. The only reason clothes were invented was because they are supposed to keep us warm. Then some idiot got the world thinking that it is wrong to show those hidden parts.

So what if a kid see's them? It is not the end of the world, they don't drop dead and most only think it is funny because of they way that they were brought up.

In the UK we have people who get naked and walk from one end of the country to the other (just under 1000 miles), okay he got arrested several times but the poll results showed that the majority of people did not have a problem with it.

I don't see why people don't think it is right. I mean what is the big deal about it, does it really matter? Most people go topless on beaches, nobody cares about that.

People who are against it are just making a big deal out of nothing.
                    Last edited by RichM; Tue 3 Feb '04, 11:38pm.

Comment

• MasterMac
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HostOrbit
                      Most people go topless on beaches, nobody cares about that.
                      Not in the US (although personally I'd have no problem with it )

Comment

• Chen
                        • Jun 2001

Originally posted by HostOrbit
                        I don't see why people don't think it is right. I mean what is the big deal about it, does it really matter? Most people go topless on beaches, nobody cares about that.
                        That's because when you go to a beach you expect to see people wearing minimal clothing, or even none at all. And if you are going to a beach with your family and kids you would go to a beach that specifically forbids nudity. Seeing Janet Jackson's breast is not exactly what people would expect at the half time show of the Super Bowl.
                        Chen Avinadav

Comment

• Boofo
                          • Apr 2002
                          • 4.1.x

Actually it was so quick, you never really got to see anything. The HD picture of the incident going around clears a lot of it up.
                          vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

• RichM
                            • Jan 2003
                            • 4.0.x

You are talking about her breast as if it is a lump of poo shown on TV, all it is, is a small lump. Nothing to be OMG'ed/ashamed about. In my opinion.

Anyway i think it was planned. She doesn't look too bothered and who sticks metal bits too their boobs? Probably a publicity stunt.

Comment

• Radon3k
                              • Nov 2001

Keep in mind that you are from Europe where people are more comrfortable and less-uptight about their bodies. In America our society has taught us to believe that the body should be covered. Is there anything wrong with the human body? No, of course not and we don't believe that there is, however we do believe that there is a proper time and place to show such things and an event such as the Super Bowl that is broadcast not only on national TV but in primetime, where millions upon millions of Americans and their families watch it, is not the time nor the place. Nobody is saying that there is anything wrong with the body, we're just simply saying that it wasn't the appropriate time or place.

By the way, someone wrote an interesting post about this on my site. HostOrbit hit a major point of that post, of that being we are clothed to keep us warm.

Comment

• Floris
                                • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Radon3k
                                Keep in mind that you are from Europe where people are more comrfortable and less-uptight about their bodies. In America our society has taught us to believe that the body should be covered. Is there anything wrong with the human body? No, of course not and we don't believe that there is, however we do believe that there is a proper time and place to show such things and an event such as the Super Bowl that is broadcast not only on national TV but in primetime, where millions upon millions of Americans and their families watch it, is not the time nor the place. Nobody is saying that there is anything wrong with the body, we're just simply saying that it wasn't the appropriate time or place.

By the way, someone wrote an interesting post about this on my site. HostOrbit hit a major point of that post, of that being we are clothed to keep us warm.
                                She just did a song, she was getting too warm, she needed to air.. that is all

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...