X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RLich8
    • May 2003

Want to buy vBulletin Liscense

Hello.

I'm beginning to get quite interested in vBulletin, I'm a moderator on a huge Go-Pedding forum (gopednation.com, username: RLich8).

I don't have a website of my own, but I do have hosting of my own, and I would like to start up a vBulletin community, but there's a problem. I don't have all that much money.

What I need/want to buy is a "used" vBulletin owned liscense. If anyone has one that they would sell to me, I'd greatly appreciate it. I can't afford a "new" one right now, I'm paying for car insurance and it's expensive.

If anyone has anything to say please post.

Thank You.
    Roy.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Hi there, it is not allowed to exchange secondhand here. This forum has a pre-sales forum where you can request information about the sales/product, but for secondhand licenses, you should goto a site that has a marketplace where users might sell their stuff. But be aware; fraud is high!

You are really best of purchasing a new license. Save a bit more!

Here is a thread I wrote that might be helpful: [Article] Be smart! Avoid piracy, fraud and fake sales.
    Last edited by Floris; Mon 2 Feb '04, 11:07pm.

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
      • Nov 2001
      • 3.8.x

Well worth the money,, remember you can always buy a leased license, then upgrade to a owned license if you decide you want to have an owed license.
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• RLich8
        • May 2003

Now, lets say I buy a leased liscense...

Can I then pay a fee (within that year) to get it upgraded to an owned?

I'm probably going to end up buying one anyways...

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

If you purchase a leased license you cn upgrade to an owned license for an extra $85 within 3o days of the purchase. After this, the cost is the full price.

Also in addition to being against the forum rules to solicit used licenses here, you need to be very careful buying a used license. There are a LOT of scams going on right now with invalid used licenses and you may end up losing your money. The only safe way to purchase a license is directly from us.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• TheComputerGuy
            • Apr 2001

Yeah I lost 80 bucks on a scam! Paypal is not ur friend!!!

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
              • Nov 2001
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by TheComputerGuy
              Yeah I lost 80 bucks on a scam! Paypal is not ur friend!!!
              You cant really blame PayPal for something like that, PayPal is a great service.
              If you where sold a stolen or bogus license, you should have contacted vbulletin before paying, to check on its validity first..
              MCSE, MVP, CCIE
              Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Valkyre
                • Jun 2001

About 2 or 3 years ago I bought an owned license, but never renewed. Now I'm thinking about renewing... for only $30 bucks! How cool is that?
                Need a job done? Get in contact with me and we'll see what we can work out.

Comment

• Breaker
                  • Jan 2002
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Valkyre
                  About 2 or 3 years ago I bought an owned license, but never renewed. Now I'm thinking about renewing... for only $30 bucks! How cool is that?
                  you can still legally use vB... just can't download it
                  Unlike most, I don't think I'm always right, if I'm wrong, CORRECT me.... providing you have some evidence

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...