Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JB007
    • Jan 2001

Windows XP .. Cool :)

Well, It seems that WinXP is a true GUI enhancement to Windows 2000 or Windows in general. I hop it will bring more stability than Win2K ...

More Info:

Regards,
  • Jordan
    • Feb 2001

It looks pretty cool so far, as long as they do not junk it up.
    Jordan Gadd
    Contact Information

Comment

• Jake Bunce
      • Dec 2000
      • 3.6.x

wow! Win XP looks sweet! Hmm, it's reminding me of something. Could it be... the OS X Aqua GUI?! It has even been said the "XP" name is copying (though I'm not sure about that). It's like they aren't even trying to hide the fact that they're copying Mac again. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple sued MS over this. They have taken down many peoples that have implimented OS X Aqua-like GUIs for Linux and stuff.

It doesn't matter, they can make Windows look pretty all they want. OS X's BSD core, Cocoa dev tools, Quartz 2D layer, and OpenGL 3D layer are much faster, more savy, and more open source than Windows will ever be. I love OS X. I've been running it for quite a while now.

Comment

• Fred
        • Jun 2000
        • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Damn thats ugly. Looks like a preschooler made it. I hate it how Microsoft is going all "kiddie" now.

Comment

• Jordan
          • Feb 2001

Originally posted by Fred
          Damn thats ugly. Looks like a preschooler made it. I hate it how Microsoft is going all "kiddie" now.
          Was thinking the same thing. The developers seemed to have gone overboard. Also agree that it looks like Apple's Aqua... =)
          Jordan Gadd
          Contact Information

Comment

• gekko
            • Jul 2000
            • 3.6.x

That is the worst looking OS i've ever seen. As much as Microsoft is trying to make Windows more user fiendly, it doesn't look like it happened. Basically all they did was make it more appealing for people who've always avoided PCs and make it look horrible for high-end PC users. All i can say is they really lost the professional look, while OS X adds a brand new look that will still leaves the OS being very user friendly, and perfect for more advanced users at the same time.
            The Wiire

Comment

• dwh
              • Sep 2000
              • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4

I used to love windows and microsoft. Unix guys were always so elitist and there some good things about GUIs.

Then I learned UNIX and can't stand Microsoft or their products.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                Former Customer Support Manager
                • Jul 2000

My favortive quote from this page is:

Windows® XP, built on the dependable Windows engine.........
                Dependable?!?
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• JimF
                  • May 2000

I've been using Windows 2000 for months at work and at home, and have found it to be very stable. And I'm coming from NT...

-jim

Comment

• gekko
                    • Jul 2000
                    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by dwh
                    I used to love windows and microsoft. Unix guys were always so elitist and there some good things about GUIs.

Then I learned UNIX and can't stand Microsoft or their products.
                    I'm sort of the same way, just with Macs. I grew up using Windows 3.1, then 95 came out and i figured out that, then 98 came, learned that, Me came out, can't really call it a change. I used to fight with people about how much better PCs are, but then things changed. I got a PowerBook since i can't stand any PC laptops for some reason, and immediatly fell in love. Soon after i realized just how bad Windows was. Then i noticed all the great sutff Apple has standard, and there was no hope for me ever going back.

So i got a new PC, 6 months later got a Mac, now another 6 months later i can't stand this PC, i need a G4.

I also installed Linux on my PC, it didn't help me like Windows any more, just look forward to OS X
                    The Wiire

Comment

• Fred
                      • Jun 2000
                      • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

I'm running Windows 2000NT too, and it's nothing but ****. Summer I'm gonna go back to '98.

Comment

• version2
                        • Feb 2001

Xp

Looks like its gonna be a pig.
                        version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks Online Pagan Community Forums
                        Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

• JB007
                          • Jan 2001

Well, I agree with JimF , Win2K is very stable and has got a lot of features. I think that Microsoft is going to implement ITANIUM 64Bit processor support into XP maybe in this summer ...

Anyway , here are some cool screen shots:
                          Gathering the right people, content and resources, IT Pro gives professionals insight into the technologies and skills needed to take on the challenges

Regards,

Comment

• Skeptical
                            • Oct 2000

Am I the only one who HATES windows 2000? I hate how the Microsoft marketing people have re-named all those DNS record entries. "A records" have been changed to "Host records", "CNAME" has been changed to "Alias".... What are they trying to do? Kidnap generic internet vocabularies and altering it so future paper mcse's will have ZERO clue in configuring anything except microsoft dns servers?
                            Well, there it is.
                            - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

• PeF
                              • Oct 2000

I've been using W2k for almost a year. Only one blue screen when installing pcAnywhere. Safe mode, uninstall, patch, install and I'm set.

Well, with 98 you can't control your domain as in NT/2k. I've got 98 installed as a game console.

Itanium support will already be (maybe) implemented in Whistler (Windows 2001).

I think Windows XP are especially for end users. That's why GUI changed so drastically. Many end users don't want plenty of features, options, etc., they just want to work in a "nice" enviroment. If you dislike GUI and want to have a huge control over system, there's easy solution - command line in Linux.

Just a thought.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...