Melbourne IT...What's your experience with them?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • merk
    • Jul 2001

God i hope the dispute resolution phase that is outlined in their policies works. I dont want to have to take anyone to court, thats just too expensive

Comment

I really hope all you guys get back what is yours, you really have to watch who you do bussiness with now-a-days. It is a crazy world we live in...anyway good luck everyone!

Comment

• Aaron Freed
        • Jan 2003
        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by thewitt
        If the doman has any traffic at all, it may not even drop if you let it expire.

There are domain grabbers that automatically grab any domain as it drops - within seconds - if it had traffic on it when it was live.

We see this every couple of months when we can't reach a customer because they have changed their contact information, and their domain expires and finally drops. It gets picked up by these guys and is lost forever - unless you want to pay a healthy "ransom" to get it back.
        Ouch, that completely sucks. Shouldn't that be illegal or something?

I think I've transferred all the links from the old fools-gold.org domain to our new setup, but some people might still be going there. I know google still links there, unfortunately. ;/

I have the process if you want to transfer away - though it's convoluted.
        Yeah, that'd be nice actually. PM it to me, please.
        Fool's Gold: Discussion of rock 'n' roll, movies, A Song of Ice and Fire, Discworld, The Wheel of Time, The Lord of the Rings, Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, literature, games, and more. It's ace.

Last.FM * LiveJournal

Comment

• ManagerJosh
          • Jun 2002

Just what exactly is the reasoning that MelbourneIT said it wouldn't release the domain?
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Joshua Clinard
            Banned
            • Oct 2001
            • 3.0.0 Gamma

A domain UltSearch grabbed over a year ago when it expired has finally expired again. The only reason I didn't renew it is because my partner who owned the domain wasn't able to transfer it to me. Does anyone know how many days it takes to drop once the domain expires?

Comment

• merk
              • Jul 2001

MY expired domain stopped working 2 days after it expired.

Comment

• Joshua Clinard
                Banned
                • Oct 2001
                • 3.0.0 Gamma

It stopped working a day or two after it expired. But what I want to know is how long it takes until it's released from the registrar so that I can snap it up again?

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                  • Jun 2002

about a month I believe...it varies from registrar to registrar..and plus you aren't guarenteed to get it...
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Joshua Clinard
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2001
                    • 3.0.0 Gamma

I am sure I will. There is very little traffic going to it right now. I got all the links changed long ago. And if UltSearch didn't want to renew it, no one else will want it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...