Vbulletin3 for Pocket PC!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daniel P
    • Apr 2002

Me running Opera on my Nokia 6600, I can see vB pages quite nice. But if you use the 'see full site' option, which downloads all the images, you'd better be prepared to pay up for your GPRS traffic. That thing's still expensive... grrr!

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Dec 2000

I use the archive for browsing works quite nicely.

I'll be making a few modifications to it for the next release so you can login via an archive like screen and it will display a bit more information while still trying to keep page sizes down.
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• AlexanderT
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
        I use the archive for browsing works quite nicely.

I'll be making a few modifications to it for the next release so you can login via an archive like screen and it will display a bit more information while still trying to keep page sizes down.
        Scott, the main reason why I created the "mobile" version was to allow mobile users to also post to the forum. If you could add posting capabilities to the archive - that would be great.

Alex

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Dec 2000

Can anyone tell me the most common browsers for PocketPC unless they like regular cookies
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• AlexanderT
            • Mar 2003

Can anyone tell me the most common browsers for PocketPC unless they like regular cookies
            I actually think that the newer ones support cookies. Lemme ask in my forum, which happens to be dedicated to this kind of stuff.

Comment

• Sal Collaziano
              • May 2000

This is a very important thing. I use a Handspring (Palm) Treo 600 to browse the web while I'm away from home. I can read, post, reply - I can do anything. I can administrate in the CP.. The only problem is the formatting.. It's bad.. Useable - but bad.. As time rolls on, more and more people are going to be browsing the web from these small devices..
              My vBulletin Forums:
              cadillac, buick, pontiac, oldsmobile, automotive, freestyle, 80s, lexus, bmw, mercedes, audi, toyota, honda, acura, nissan, infiniti, hyundai genesis, chevy

...can't fit any more...

Comment

• DWZ
                • Jan 2002

I would suspect most people would use Pocket IE (since it comes pre-installed).

It appears to work fine with cookies. Well, I browse my vBulletin v3 RC4 from my iPAQ without any problems. I can login, and stay logged in. It's just a little hard to read since it's such a small screen.

vBulletin is reporting it's user agent as:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; 240x320)

Comment

• DJWard
                  • Mar 2004

the newer mobile phones can run Opera

which i demo'd at a local shop and it was pretty sweet.
                  Yer I got a Nokia 9210, used to have Opera on that, works well good The only thing is its slllooowwwww, summit like 14.4kbps, which doesnt compare to my 1mbps connection at home.

Comment

• wacnstac
                    • Jul 2000
                    • 3.6.x

I have a Sony ux50 with WiFi. Would love text only style to use with this. Has anybody completed one yet?

Actually if you could get a list of new posts from the archive and login to the archive it would be perfect. What was the original purpose of the Archive link anyway?

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
                      • Feb 2003

Kura we tried a table free version of vBulletin and not even IE6 was able to render it correctly.
                      If you made table free templates which worked in every browser that supports CSS2 (which does not include IE), I'd be interested in them.

Comment

• chrispadfield
                        • Aug 2000

This looks interesting:

Does anyone have a table of what the various handhelds support? ie, tables/forms/css etc?
                        Christopher Padfield
                        Web Based Helpdesk
                        DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• edeab220
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by chrispadfield
                          Does anyone have a table of what the various handhelds support? ie, tables/forms/css etc?
                          Well, I don't know a thing about PPC browsers, but for the palmOne and Clie handhelds, they support just about everything except flash . They support Cookies, too. (Just if you wanna know the names, palmOne uses WebPro, Clie's use NetFront)

heh...I've been looking around for something like this. My friend made up a mobile forum for his site (well, it's mine too, I'm Editor-In-Chief of the site), and it's great . BUT, he doesn't believe in vB3 yet, so the style we're using is for vB2.

When you guys get a PDA-friendly forum working, call me .
                          Technology Reporter at the DailyGadget; Webmaster of PalmForums.org.

Comment

• edeab220
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by chrispadfield
                            This looks interesting:
                            http://www.wiforums.net/
                            That's for WAP browsers only...normal browsers can't view it (on the Palm OS at least).
                            Technology Reporter at the DailyGadget; Webmaster of PalmForums.org.

Comment

• DWZ
                              • Jan 2002

Originally posted by edeab220
                              Well, I don't know a thing about PPC browsers, but for the palmOne and Clie handhelds, they support just about everything except flash . They support Cookies, too. (Just if you wanna know the names, palmOne uses WebPro, Clie's use NetFront)
                              PPC supports flash

Comment

• wacnstac
                                • Jul 2000
                                • 3.6.x

Looks like this has been done for IB here: http://targetable.com/forums/index.h...t=ST&f=30&t=58&

Sure would be nice on vb and vbadmin

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...