What are they saying about vb3 (Gamma+) in other communities besides vb.com/vb.org

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlyBoy73
    • May 2002

What are they saying about vb3 (Gamma+) in other communities besides vb.com/vb.org

I know there are a bunch of threads lighting up in competitor related forums about vb3 "Gamma" and what is to come..

I thought it would be fun to post the links to them here, and see what they have to say about "3"..
  • CeleronXT
    • Mar 2002

"63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

• Chroder
      • Dec 2002

Hehehe, its funny how they poke at all the things that IPB doesn't have and they want

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

i think its funny that no one actually registered to see the 3 differnt styles and how they look

Comment

• CeleronXT
          • Mar 2002

They don't have to register - it's always in the footer.
          "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
          "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
          Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

• Chroder
            • Dec 2002

That would be venturing too far into "enemy territory"

Comment

• Hobbes
              • May 2003

Originally posted by Chroder
              That would be venturing too far into "enemy territory"
              XD

IPB is a bunch of....

non-liked people

Comment

• Chroder
                • Dec 2002

Well lets not sink to their level and start bashing them now... I know I can get carried away sometimes

Comment

• FlyBoy73
                  • May 2002

I'm sure by tomorrow the threads will be hopping.. I just talked to a friend of mine that is a confused IPB person.. Confused becase he uses.. He didn't know about it and is a bit enamoured (sp?).. Can't blame him..
                  I'll see what I can dig up, when I get up tomorrow..

Comment

• f-a_org
                    • Nov 2002

The mod's at vB always close/ edit threads which bash it's competitors, however some companies like to Bash vB and there mods and staff like to join in(*cough*One that makes costly CGI boards, and one that makes vB knockoffs*cough* no names though).

See Were more civilized lol .

Comment

• Chroder
                      • Dec 2002

I can't wait to see what people find. This skin ultimately displays vBulletin true power. Before it was a mess and confusing -- now the features are all layed out! Its hard to miss all of the features now

Comment

• f-a_org
                        • Nov 2002

It's like forum software with the power of linux and the compatability and goood GUI of Windows XP

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                          • Jun 2002

I just love the following phrases:

Darn, that skin is fine. I just wish IPB can get a skin WAYY better than that
                          Works for me, and I like the layout
                          Hehe, I jsut realy like the drop down search.. . Oh and the collapse.. And how FAST it goes.. Jdesus thst thing goes fast.
                          nice change for vB, I did not like their last skin, but then again I am partial to blue
                          Hey, all kidding aside, there is one awesome thing there that could really help to clean up the cluttered look of IPB 2.0 look at the (DHTML ?) drop down menus that have. Really nice!
                          But I just love where like everything is. Like.. You can search the thread a little drop down in teh top.. It's just cool..
                          The wonderful comments of IPB users.... TY All
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Sal Collaziano
                            • May 2000

I wish you didn't have to come here to see that default layout, though. That's the BIG complaint everyone seems to have. They don't realize that's not the only layout. Even I was kinda disturbed when I first saw it that way...
                            Last edited by Sal Collaziano; Thu 4 Dec '03, 8:24pm.
                            My vBulletin Forums:
                            cadillac, buick, pontiac, oldsmobile, automotive, freestyle, 80s, lexus, bmw, mercedes, audi, toyota, honda, acura, nissan, infiniti, hyundai genesis, chevy

...can't fit any more...

Comment

• Chroder
                              • Dec 2002

Yeah, the liquid should be default IMO.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...