Originally posted by poolking
    Give me the chance and I'd have one of these:

Bah, no napkins? Ewww...
    OPEN TECH SUPPORT
    "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

• rockergrrl
      • Jul 2000

Back to the topic of keyboards.... Memorex has a "Spill Proof" keyboard.

If you have a Big Lots around where you live, check over there... I know the one near my house, had a pallet full of them - going for $6 each. Its a basic keyboard.

Its not totally spill proof.. if you dump a whole 64oz cup on it, it'll probably be killed, but if you spill a little bit on it, its not going to short out the whole thing like a normal keyboard would.

My dear 3 year old killed my "Spill Proof" one... not to spill proof was it.. totally shorted out the thing... Now I have a GE keyboard (again from Big Lots), and it does the job (can't afford to spend more than $10 on a keyboard when my 3 year old uses my computer more than I do lately). The bad thing about this keyboad, is that the function keys don't work. I bought Pirates of the Caribbean, and you try playing that without your function keys working... when most of the game relies on the F2 key (which can't be rerouted to another key combination). I never got around in getting a new keyboard so I could play the game yet.

Anyways... Check out the Memorex Spill Proof keyboard. Its worth it if you tend to be a klutz when it comes to drinking around the computer.

A Froogle link...
      Browse Google Shopping to find the products you’re looking for, track & compare prices, and decide where to buy online or in store.

Comment

• Mijae
        • Feb 2003

I've seen some rubber keyboards, totally waterproof. If I find a link to it I'll post.

Comment

• Erwin
          • Jan 2002

Originally posted by Rapid Gaming
          Why can't Keyboards be waterproof?! ARGHHHH!!
          I don't know if people remember the 80's movie, "Electric Dreams", where this guy accidentally poured champagne onto his computer keyboard, and the computer became intelligent.

Comment

• DirectPixel
            • Jan 2002
            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by rockergrrl
            Back to the topic of keyboards.... Memorex has a "Spill Proof" keyboard.

If you have a Big Lots around where you live, check over there... I know the one near my house, had a pallet full of them - going for $6 each. Its a basic keyboard.

Its not totally spill proof.. if you dump a whole 64oz cup on it, it'll probably be killed, but if you spill a little bit on it, its not going to short out the whole thing like a normal keyboard would.

My dear 3 year old killed my "Spill Proof" one... not to spill proof was it.. totally shorted out the thing... Now I have a GE keyboard (again from Big Lots), and it does the job (can't afford to spend more than $10 on a keyboard when my 3 year old uses my computer more than I do lately). The bad thing about this keyboad, is that the function keys don't work. I bought Pirates of the Caribbean, and you try playing that without your function keys working... when most of the game relies on the F2 key (which can't be rerouted to another key combination). I never got around in getting a new keyboard so I could play the game yet.

Anyways... Check out the Memorex Spill Proof keyboard. Its worth it if you tend to be a klutz when it comes to drinking around the computer.

A Froogle link...
            http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=memorex+spill+proof
            Radioshack also sells a nice (and pretty cheap) plastic keyboard that's almost indestructable.

It's USB, and can roll up into a neat compact ball.
            :)

Comment

• Ksilebo
              • May 2001

The gross part about my keyboards are the crumbs. I think you could feed a family of 4 in somalia with my old keyboard.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
              http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

• Mr. X
                • May 2001

I've spilled several beverages (mainly Iced-tea) on my trusty old Compaq keyboard, and its never failed on me. The buttons actually help, since they cover up access inside the keyboard.
                forums: pcfx.cc
                gallery: here

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...