Matrix: Revolutions -- Who watched it? Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Radon3k
    • Nov 2001

I saw the movie last night and I liked it. The ending made perfect sense to me. I probably won't go see it again in the theaters, but as xiphoid said I'll probably get the boxed DVD set when it comes out. It was a good series and after you watch them more than once you start to understand more and more everytime.

Comment

• rylin
      • Jan 2001

Well.
      I spent all of yesterday at the cinema.
      9am = Matrix
      1145am = Reloaded
      3pm = Revolutions
      (6pm = Revolutions, again )
      Watching them back to back was really nice, and yes, Revolutions is way nicer than Reloaded.
      That said, there should've been an action scene shot in the middle of the first half, when there was too much talking going on.

Basically, I went there to see a cool action flick. That was what I expected.
      That's what I got, and more.

I liked it, and will definitely get it on DVD.
      Dunno about getting the boxed set though
      My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
      That forum

Comment

• Mephisteus
        • Aug 2002
        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by rylin
        Well.
        I spent all of yesterday at the cinema.
        9am = Matrix
        1145am = Reloaded
        3pm = Revolutions
        (6pm = Revolutions, again )
        Watching them back to back was really nice, and yes, Revolutions is way nicer than Reloaded.
        That said, there should've been an action scene shot in the middle of the first half, when there was too much talking going on.

Basically, I went there to see a cool action flick. That was what I expected.
        That's what I got, and more.

I liked it, and will definitely get it on DVD.
        Dunno about getting the boxed set though
        haven't seen revoultions yet, but I am quite sure I am going to get the boxed set...
        A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

• DR€@M W€@V€R
          • Mar 2001

i had 2 lots of nachos with double cheese dip n chillis on top then fell asleep...

x

Comment

• poolking
            • Aug 2002

I'm going to see it next week.

Comment

• MrNase
              • Jun 2003
              • 3.8.x

iam going to see it on saturday
              That's the end of that!

Comment

• MasterMac
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MrNase
                iam going to see it on saturday
                Same here, hopefully

Comment

• Ryan McBain
                  • Feb 2002

The first one was awesome, the second one was a piece of garbage. The third one was decent. Its sad that Gloria Foster (the oracle) died, because the actress that plays the oracle now isnt as good, it kind of hurt the movie in my opinion. I loved it when neo spoke with the machine "Speak" "And If you fail" just sounded cool to me. The final battle was cool but the end was weak in my opinion. Oh well it was decent like I said

Comment

• Chroder
                    • Dec 2002

I thought quite the opposite. I was obsessed with the first one, after watching it so many times you get to know all the mistakes But I find the second one to be way better: better acting, betting effects, better action scens.

I just hope the third one will be even better! I'm probably ginna see it on Saturday Or mabe wait for cheapy tuesday.

Comment

• georgec
                      • Jun 2002

I definitely didn't like Reloaded. It felt very mechanical, lacking that "human element" that made the first Matrix so enjoyable IMO. The whole thing was just one action scene after another, and in the end, it really did feel like watching a video game. That entire rave scene in Reloaded could have been deleted.
                      - JavaScript Kit | CSS Drive | CodingForums.com | CodeTricks.com

Comment

• Ryan McBain
                        • Feb 2002

Yeah Matrix reloaded was garbage, all the fights didnt mean a damn thing. This martix movie the fights meant something.

Comment

• merk
                          • Jul 2001

Originally posted by Ryan McBain
                          Its sad that Gloria Foster (the oracle) died, because the actress that plays the oracle now isnt as good, it kind of hurt the movie in my opinion.
                          I didnt realise that was the case. I thought it was part of the story that the Merovingian hacked and destroyed the oracles original shell (played by Gloria). I thought the change in acters was a very good choice, and done really well. It portrayed that the oracle had been hacked and her new shell wasnt perfect.

Comment

• Ryan McBain
                            • Feb 2002

Originally posted by merk
                            I didnt realise that was the case. I thought it was part of the story that the Merovingian hacked and destroyed the oracles original shell (played by Gloria). I thought the change in acters was a very good choice, and done really well. It portrayed that the oracle had been hacked and her new shell wasnt perfect.
                            But the only reason why they did that was because Gloria Foster died. She played the oracle a lot better then the other actress, IMO

Comment

• KeithMcL
                              • Jun 2000
                              • 3.6.x

I have the first two on DVD and have watched both of them at least 5 times each. I love the whole idea behind the storyline. I find it facinating.

I'm going to ring my local cinema in the morning to see if there are seats available for any of the shows. If there is, I'll be half way down the road before the handset hits the floor

Comment

• Kayn
                                • Nov 2000

Revolutions = excellent movie. *ALMOST* as good as the first one, and better than the second.
                                Pluh.com (random nonsense) - Psychostick.com (my stupid band) - Collectiveunderground.com (AZ local music site) - Evacuatechicago.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...